New York, NY, December 13, 2009 --(PR.com
)-- BookSwim (www.bookswim.com), America’s only hardcover and softcover book rental club has launched a new rental plan that benefit subscribers and shape the growing rental industry’s future. The most dramatic new features, standard on all plans, include:
• Price reduction to $9.95 monthly: The old $15 starter plan changed to become $9.95 for any book
• “Exclusive at BookSwim”: BookSwim is the only rental club offering newly released novels and nonfiction bestsellers published in hardcover format.
• UPS-integrated shipping: Speedier delivery, dramatically reducing outbound transit times to members’ homes at no additional cost.
“Our readers are happier that books now arrive so quickly. BookSwim’s new plans are a success because they’re so radically different,” states CTO Nick Ruffilo. “We no longer need to receive the return at our facility before the next is shipped. We took a risk and the result is turnaround time being cut in half. That’s huge!"
Ruffilo goes on to explain, “With a changeover to UPS Mail Innovations (www.ups-mi.com) for outbound shipping service, BookSwimmers in California, Washington, and Oregon are seeing the biggest gains -- as much as a 60-70% time decrease round-trip. More time with books in your hands rather than in-transit, means the value BookSwimmers see increases significantly.”
Additionally, for $9.95, occasional or infrequent readers can now rent any book monthly for the low price of $9.95 with the inception of a 1-book-per-month plan.
“Sometimes people just want to rent a book. If it’s a new hardcover, they’ll save 50-66%”, adds George Burke, co-founder and CMO. “Books like Dan Brown’s ‘Lost Symbol’, Glenn Beck’s ‘Arguing with Idiots’, or ‘A Touch of Dead’ by Charlaine Harris are all ‘Exclusive at BookSwim.’”
Burke continues, “Think of BookSwim like a movie on opening night instead of waiting for the DVD. We’re the only membership club renting hardbacks – the format of choice for newly published books like next week’s releases ‘Moonwalk’ by Michael Jackson or ‘Nine Dragons’ by Michael Connelly, with the paperback versions maybe arriving a year later. Even today, we still continue to rent Malcolm Gladwell’s ‘Outliers’ exclusively, a year after its November 2008 publication date.”
Other added features of BookSwim’s new plans are:
• “Keep My Book” discounts: Members can purchase rentals at up to 80% off retail prices
• Printerless returns with package tracking: Printing return labels are no longer necessary. Books are returned in the supplied packaging, using a free postage-paid label with barcode to track returns.
• “Top Book Guarantee”: Depending on plan size, one or two books in the rental pool can be selected to ship in a member’s next package, guaranteed.
• “Add to the Demand”: Subscribers may add titles not found in the catalog through a write-in vote submission, which BookSwim purchases for those members when able to be rented.
Launched in May 2007, BookSwim (http://www.bookswim.com) is the first and only online paperback and hardcover book rental library club, allowing subscribers to rent books with free return shipping and no due dates or late fees. With nationwide coverage, the book rental service offers hardcover new releases to paperback classics. BookSwim subscription plans start at $9.95 per month, with an option for members to purchase the books they love.