Madison, WI, December 18, 2009 --(PR.com
)-- SongVest, the company that reinvented the music memorabilia business by offering the ultimate fan collectable -- the songs themselves -- has announced their next major online auction will take place December 12-19 at songvest.com and will include Billboard R&B and Dance hits written by techno-funk legend Reggie Calloway for Midnight Star, The Calloway Brothers, LeVert, Klymaxx, and Gladys Knight and the Pips.
SongVest has partnered with Mr. Calloway to offer bidders 5-50% of his Writer’s Share for each of the following songs:
· I Wanna Be Rich: #2 on the Billboard Hot 100 and #5 on the Billboard R&B chart
· Operator: #1 on the Billboard R&B chart for five weeks and #18 on the Billboard Hot 100
· Freak-A-Zoid: #2 on the Billboard R&B chart for four weeks, #44 on the Billboard Club Play Singles chart, and #66 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart
· Wet My Whistle: #8 on the Billboard R&B chart and #15 on the Billboard Club Play Singles chart
· Electricity: album track on the multi-platinum selling “No Parking on the Dance Floor” album
· Casanova: Soul Train Award winner; nominated for the R&B Song of the Year and Best R&B Performance Grammy and Favorite R&B/Soul Single American Music Award
Gladys Knight and the Pips:
· Love Overboard: Grammy award for R&B Vocal Performance, #1 on the Billboard R&B chart, #4 on the Billboard Hot Dance Club Play chart, and #12 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
· Meeting In The Ladies Room: #4 on the Billboard R&B chart, #22 on the Billboard Hot Dance Club Play chart, and #59 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart
In addition to sharing in the royalty stream the songs generate, high bidders will also receive one-of-a-kind platinum album awards featuring handwritten and signed lyrics.
The auction will begin at 3PM EST on Saturday, December 12 and end at 3PM EST on Saturday, December 19. Fans can register now at songvest.com to learn more about the revenue history for each song and get a glimpse behind the scenes at how and why the songs were written.
Since 2007, SongVest has offered music fans, collectors, and investors the unique opportunity to share the royalties with the writers of their favorite music. Past auctions have included the rights to songs recorded by Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Carrie Underwood, Ringo Starr, Ozzy Osbourne, and The Monkees.