Toronto, Canada, March 05, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- E.P.A.T. Workshops, (Education . Pediatrics . Advanced . Training) www.epatworkshops.com, announced today that their upcoming Toronto pediatric training workshop will mark the first time that the course is being offered in Canada. Mealtime Miseries: Management Of Complex Feeding Disorders, to be held on June 10 and 11, 2010 in Toronto, Ontario at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Toronto Airport, is an interactive workshop that focuses on feeding problems affecting children.
How does feeding, a process so integral to a child's health and well-being, go awry? The focus of this 2 day course is on a transdisciplinary (TR-eat) model integrating oral motor therapy techniques and behavioral management for the treatment of complex feeding problems affecting children and is appropriate for clinicians with all levels of experience.
TR-eat is a transdisciplinary effective assessment and treatment method. The course will cover innovative strategies, using video case examples, to address oral aversion, food refusal, poor transition onto solid foods, texture grading, learning to chew, self feeding as well as feeding difficulties related to autism and picky eaters.
Following this course, participants will be able to:
1. Identify variables that produce complex pediatric feeding problems.
2. Utilize diagnostic and innovative intervention strategies to address feeding problems across developmental stages.
3. Use oral motor facilitation techniques simultaneously administered with behavioral strategies.
4. Learn texture grading techniques and apply them to the process of making pureed foods for children learning how to chew.
5. Determine treatment interventions for picky eaters, including those with autism, utilizing behavioral interventions.
6. Enhance problem-solving skills through careful analysis to determine the most effective interventions to maximize outcomes.
The course is being taught by Elizabeth Clawson, MS, Ph.D., LCP, Clinical Child Psychologist for the Pediatric Feeding Program at St.Mary’s Center for Children in Evansville, Indiana and Carol Elliott, OTR/L, senior clinician for the Children’s Feeding Program at the Children’s Hospital of Richmond, VA.
Glen Santha, Coordinator at E.P.A.T. Workshops said, "We are very proud to be able to bring this feeding course to Canada to help train pediatric professionals who are looking for more techniques and solutions for feeding problems affecting children. This course is well known in the United States and Dr. Clawson and Carol have solid reputations as excellent presenters.”
Course Details :
Date: June 10 and 11, 2010
Location: Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport Hotel, Toronto, ON M9W 6H5
Registration: $625 (includes applicable taxes)
1) Parking at the hotel
2) Course Manual
3) Continental breakfast both days
4) AM and PM refreshment breaks
Registration is not guaranteed unless payment is processed and a receipt with confirmation of registration has been issued.
More information about this course can be found at www.epatworkshops.com
About E.P.A.T. Workshops
Education. Pediatrics. Advanced. Training
Pediatric workshops, courses, seminars, conferences and training resources for Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Speech Language Pathologists, Child Psychologists and Special Educators. Our mission is to diversify continuing education opportunities for therapists working in pediatrics in Canada.
Contact: Glen Santha, ext. 401
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1349
Niagara-On-The-Lake, ON L0S 1J0 Canada