Washington, DC, March 12, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- The National Society of Collegiate Scholars is pleased to announce members of the National Leadership Council for the 2010-2011 academic year.
• Amy James, University of Toledo, NLC President
• Kenneth Wilson, Kaplan University, NLC Executive Vice President
• Nefertari Terrill-Jones, Howard University
• Ellen Scheffer, East Carolina University
• Cole Vertikoff, The University of New Mexico
• Jesse Bramall, Brigham Young University
• Alexandra Shue, The University of North Carolina at Charlotte
• Brady Griffith, Crown College
• Michelle Wong, Northern Arizona University
• Scott Perske , University of Hawaii at Manoa
The National Leadership Council serves as a student advisory board for the NSCS national office. It is a leadership opportunity awarded to 10 students who display leadership qualities within their NSCS chapter, in the community and on campus.
NLC members work closely with the national staff to provide feedback and opportunities to members at 240 chapters across the country. Members of the NLC also serve as the “face of NSCS” at national functions such as the NSCS Leadership Summit and annual Convention.
“Members of the NSCS National Leadership Council must exhibit the three pillars of NSCS-- Scholarship, Leadership and Service,” said Blair Edwards, Senior Manager, Member Engagement. “The members of the 2010-2011 NLC are dedicated to NSCS and exude the passion we look for in NLC members. They have a clear vision of how they want to make an impact in the NSCS community and I’m excited to work with all of them.”
Students apply for positions on the NCL and are evaluated based on their NSCS involvement and their adherence to NSCS’ values of scholarship, leadership and service.