Long Beach, CA, March 17, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- Long Beach will host The 2nd Annual Black Authors' Festival on April 3, 2010. This event is free to the public and will be from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. A program will be from 2:00-3:30 p.m. Over 20 Authors are expected to attend this event. Any donations collected will go to help support the Children’s Programs for the Library. At last years event, Mayor Bob Foster, presented a Proclamation and declared it “Black Authors Festival Day” in Long Beach, California. Help "The Authors" celebrate National Library Month at the Mark Twain Library.
Some of the authors scheduled to attend are:
* Aaron L. Day - 'History Lessons'/'Locating Free African American Ancestors,' etc.
* M. G. Hardie -'It Ain't Just The Size', 'EveryDay Life'
* Karen Harper - 'Mary Dell Butler-Making a Difference'
* Evelyn Knight - 'Freedom & Sacrifice' (Sunny Nash)
* Ernest McBride, Jr. - 'Fighting For The People'
* Anthony Parnell - 'The 7 Laws of Stress Management'/'Healing Through Writing,' etc.
* Autrilla Watkins Scott - 'Stories From The Past'
* Darick J. Simpson - 'Who Will Be There'
* Carolyn Smith Watts – ‘Breaking Through, Lighting The Way’
* Doris Topsy-Elvord - 'No Mountain High Enough' (Dorothy Ehrhart-Morrison)
* Marie Treadwell - 'Untold Legacies'
* Phyllis Venable-'The Heritage of African Americans In Long Beach' (Indira Hale Tucker)
* Stephanie Butler – ‘My Body Is The Temple: Encounters and Revelations of Sacred
* Lacey Clark 'Celebrate HER Now, An interactive guide to loving ourselves.'
* Ms T Musze ‘Suddenly’
* Charlene E. Green ‘One Man’s Treasure',' And They’ll Come Home', etc.
* Seth Fowler ‘Cory The Popcorn’s Big Adventure’
* U.L. Harper ‘The Flesh Statue’
For More Information Contact: Aaron L. Day Email – email@example.com
Mark Twain Neighborhood Library, 1401 E. Anaheim St., Long Beach, CA 90813 – Tel. (562) 570-1046