Huntington Beach, CA, March 18, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- One of the weak points in the chassis of current high performance Mercedes-Benz vehicles is the lack of or extreme limitation in rear toe adjustment. This results in an undesired "toe out" condition when the rear of the vehicle is loaded up or on throttle. The effects are a very unstable or unplanted rear end with excessive over-steer that does not seem to want to grip. This is even more noticeable on modified vehicles where a lot of torque to the rear wheels is realized in low gears and in the low rev range. Since there is no practical toe adjustment in the factory suspension components, even the best alignment is unable to mitigate this issue.
The Evosport Rear Stability Kit (RSK) or adjustable rear toe kit is designed to address these issues. Installing the RSK will provide the ability to easily and properly adjust the rear toe during alignment to mitigate the "toe out" situation and provide added stability and safety to the vehicle. The chassis will feel much more planted and controllable, especially during heavy acceleration.
The kit includes Kit includes left and right stability arms and mounting hardware. It is designed to work with the following Mercedes-Benz vehicles: W211 E-Class (all), W219 CLS-Class (all), R230 SL-Class (all, except SL65 Black Series).
- Lightweight adjustable arms
- High quality heim joint design for length adjustment
- Black powder-coated chromoly shaft provides high strength to weight ratio
- Jam nuts allows for easy lock/unlock of adjustment mechanism; relieves stress on shaft during adjustment
- Black anodized billet mounting bracket
- Easy to install and adjust
- Allows for precise and accurate adjustment of rear toe during alignment
- Provides stability and more control during acceleration and cornering at all speeds
- Added safety to reduce over-steer and increase rear control
- Decreases wear on rear tires by providing more rear end stability
- Improved performance during acceleration and cornering