Farmington Hills, MI, March 24, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- -Artists/Date/Concert Location-
Richard Goode, Piano
Saturday, April 10, 2010, 8:00 PM
Seligman Performing Arts Center
Located on the campus of Detroit Country Day School
22305 West 13 Mile Road, Beverly Hills
Please see: http://www.franksalomon.com/Artist.asp?ArtistID=16
Prelude and Fugue from The Well-Tempered Clavier, Vol. II
F# minor, BWV 883
G Major, BWV 884
Haydn: Sonata in B minor, Hob. XVI: 32
Haydn: Sonata in D Major, Hob. XVI: 24
Haydn: Sonata in C Major, Hob. XVI: 50
-Unique Features of this Concert-
• Richard Goode is acknowledged worldwide as one of today's leading interpreters of Classical and Romantic music.
• In addition to appearing with the world’s great orchestras and in recital in major cities each season, Richard Goode is Co-Artistic Director, along with pianist Mitsuko Uchida, of the Marlboro Music Festival in Vermont.
• Richard Goode’s recording of the complete Beethoven Piano Concertos with the Budapest Festival Orchestra conducted by Ivan Fischer was nominated for the 2009 Gramophone Award.
• Pre-Concert Talk by Richard Goode: Richard Goode will discuss Haydn sonatas and demonstrate the points of his discussion on the piano, 6:45 – 7:30 PM.
• Pre-Concert Dinner: Bacco Ristorante, with special reduced dinner price for CMSD ticket-holders, 5:00 – 6:15 PM
• With support from Adrienne & Robert Z. Feldstein
• The Pre-Concert-Talk is sponsored by Fidelity Investments
-Special Features of the Seligman Performing Arts Center-
• Free Parking
• Easy Accessibility
• Intimate Chamber Music Venue (seats 724)
• Excellent acoustics, Kirkegaard Associates acoustician
• Society Café open before the concerts and during intermission with support from Sweet Lorraine’s and Cadillac Coffee
-Upcoming Concerts: Chamber Music Society of Detroit 2009-2010 Season-
Opus 9 Series
May 22, 2010
Cleveland Quartet Award Concert
Sponsored by Effi P. Weinberg and David R. Weinberg
Pre-Concert Talk by Steven Rings: 6:45 – 7:30 PM, sponsored by Fidelity Investments.
-Opus 3 Piano Series-
Yuja Wang, Piano
May 15, 2010
• Single tickets to all concerts: $43 - $75; students $25.
-Ticket Purchase Information-
• By phone: Chamber Music Society of Detroit Ticket Service: 248-855-6070
• Online: www.ComeHearCMSD.org
Chamber Music Society of Detroit 2010-2011 Season
Subscriptions are now available for the Chamber Music Society of Detroit’s recently announced 2010-2011 season. For more information, please call 248-855-6070 or visit www.ComeHearCMSD.org.
HOUR Detroit, dbusiness and WRCJ are the media sponsors for the 2009-2010 season.
For further information about the 2009-2010 season and about the 2010-2011 concert season, please visit the Chamber Music Society of Detroit web site at www.ComeHearCMSD.org.
The Chamber Music Society of Detroit is a non-profit organization committed to presenting the highest quality chamber music performed by musicians of international stature in acoustically outstanding venues. The Chamber Music Society of Detroit is recognized locally, nationally and internationally for the high caliber of its presentations.