Farmington Hills, MI, March 25, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- -Artist/Date/Concert Location-
Yuja Wang, Piano
Saturday, May 15, 2010, 8:00 PM
Seligman Performing Arts Center
Located on the campus of Detroit Country Day School
22305 West 13 Mile Road, Beverly Hills
Please see: www.yujawang.com or http://www.opus3artists.com/artists/yuja-wang
D. Scarlatti: Sonata in G major, K. 427
Sonata in B minor, K. 87
Sonata in E major, K. 380
Sonata in G major, K. 455
Schumann: Symphonic Etudes
Arr. Liszt: Three Lieder
Prokofiev: Piano Sonata No. 6 in A major, Op. 82
-Unique Features Of This Concert-
• This performance, the concluding concert of the Chamber Music Society of Detroit’s 2009-2010 Opus 3 Piano series, marks Yuja Wang’s Detroit area recital debut.
• Only 23 years old, the Chinese born pianist has quickly risen to the top ranks of today’s young pianists.
• Pre-Concert Dinner: Bacco Ristorante, with special reduced dinner price for CMSD ticket-holders, 6:00 – 7:30 PM
• Yuja Wang occupies the Diane L. and John A. Kaplan Chair in Piano Performance.
-Special Features of Seligman Performing Arts Center-
• Free Parking
• Easy Accessibility
• Intimate Chamber Music Venue (seats 724)
• Excellent acoustics, Kirkegaard Associates acoustician
• Society Café open before the concerts and during intermission with support from Sweet Lorraine’s and Cadillac Coffee
-Upcoming Concert: Chamber Music Society of Detroit 2009-2010 Season-
May 22, 2010
Cleveland Quartet Award Concert
Sponsored by Effi P. Weinberg and David R. Weinberg
Pre-Concert Talk by Steven Rings, 6:45 – 7:30 PM, sponsored by
• Single tickets to all concerts: $43 - $75; students $25.
-Ticket Purchase Information-
• By phone: Chamber Music Society of Detroit Ticket Service: 248-855-6070
• Online: www.ComeHearCMSD.org
-Chamber Music Society of Detroit 2010-2011 Season-
Subscriptions are now available for the Chamber Music Society of Detroit’s recently announced 2010-2011 season. For more information, please call 248-855-6070 or visit www.ComeHearCMSD.org.
HOUR Detroit, dbusiness and WRCJ are the media sponsors for the 2009-2010 season.
For further information about the 2009-2010 season and about the 2010-2011 concert season, please visit the Chamber Music Society of Detroit web site at www.ComeHearCMSD.org.
The Chamber Music Society of Detroit is a non-profit organization committed to presenting the highest quality chamber music performed by musicians of international stature in acoustically outstanding venues. The Chamber Music Society of Detroit is recognized locally, nationally and internationally for the high caliber of its presentations.