Farmington Hills, MI, March 25, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- -Artist/Date/Concert Location-
Saturday, May 22, 2010, 8:00 PM
Seligman Performing Arts Center
Located on the campus of Detroit Country Day School
22305 West 13 Mile Road, Beverly Hills
Please see: http://www.opus3artists.com/artists/parker-quartet or www.parkerquartet.com
Haydn: Quartet in G Major, Op. 77, No. 1, Lobkowitz
Dvorák: Selections from Cypresses, B. 152
Schoenberg: String Quartet No. 1 in D minor, Op. 7
-Unique Features of this Concert-
• This performance, the concluding concert of the Chamber Music Society of Detroit’s 2009-2010 season, marks the Parker Quartet’s Detroit area debut.
• The Parker Quartet is the most recent winner of the prestigious Cleveland Quartet Award; this is the Cleveland Quartet Award concert. The Parker Quartet has also captured first prize in the 2005 Concert Artists Guild Competition and, in the same year, won First Prize and the Mozart Prize at the Bordeaux International String Quartet Competition.
• Pre-Concert Dinner: Bacco Ristorante, with special reduced dinner price for CMSD ticket-holders, 5:00 – 6:15 PM
• Pre-Concert Talk: Steven Rings, Associate Professor of Music, University of Chicago, 6:45 – 7:30 PM
• This performance is the concluding concert of the Chamber Music Society of Detroit’s 2009-2010 season. For information about the 2010-2011 season, please see below.
• The Cleveland Quartet Award Concert is sponsored by Effi P. Weinberg and David R. Weinberg
• The Pre-Concert Talk is sponsored by Fidelity Investments.
-Features of Seligman Performing Arts Center-
• Free Parking
• Easy Accessibility
• Intimate Chamber Music Venue (seats 724)
• Excellent acoustics, Kirkegaard Associates acoustician
• Society Café open before the concerts and during intermission with support from Sweet Lorraine’s and Cadillac Coffee
• Single tickets: $43 - $75; students $25.
-Ticket Purchase Information-
• By phone: Chamber Music Society of Detroit Ticket Service: 248-855-6070
• Online: www.ComeHearCMSD.org
Chamber Music Society of Detroit 2010-2011 Season
Subscriptions are now available for the Chamber Music Society of Detroit’s
2010-2011 season. For more information, please call 248-855-6070 or visit www.ComeHearCMSD.org.
HOUR Detroit, dbusiness and WRCJ are the media sponsors for the 2009-2010 season.
The Chamber Music Society of Detroit is a non-profit organization committed to presenting the highest quality chamber music performed by musicians of international stature in acoustically outstanding venues. The Chamber Music Society of Detroit is recognized locally, nationally and internationally for the high caliber of its presentations.