New York, NY, April 02, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- This is the year to advertise during hockey playoffs in Canada, according to Canadian Television Sales (CTS). Hockey ratings in Canada have been on the rise since the iconic Vancouver Olympics gold medal game between the U.S. and Canada, and fan attention has now turned to the NHL playoffs and the Stanley Cup.
CTS, the largest U.S. representative of Canadian media properties, is now helping advertisers reach these passionate hockey fans through premium NHL Playoff sponsorship packages on CBC and The Score’s television and digital properties.
CBC, Canada’s national broadcaster, provides extensive Stanley Cup playoff coverage with a focus on Canadian teams and has exclusive English-language rights to the Stanley Cup Finals. CBC’s sponsorship packages give brands the opportunity to:
· Advertise during live Canadian hockey: The Hockey Night Coast to Coast package includes opening/closing animation, voice over and verbal mention, while the Hotstove package gives advertisers a minimum of 2:00 exposure.
· Reach captive hockey fans during overtime: The Overtime Magic package is aired during each Overtime Broadcast of HNIC Playoff and HNIC Stanley Cup broadcasts.
· Showcase their brands in HD: CBC’s High Definition package gives advertisers the spotlight during HD broadcasts.
· Target multi-language Canadians: The Multi-language package introduces ‘new Canadians’ to the game of hockey, while the Peter Puck package consists of multi-language + broadcast/online features.
The Score, a specialty network that caters to passionate sports fans, also offers NHL Playoff sponsorship packages to advertisers who want to:
· Promote their brand during NHL Playoff preview & draft day: The NHL Playoff and Draft Day packages feature dynamic playoff coverage, a large growing audience, presence on key start online start pages (such as the homepage), ROS/RON media and a sponsored landing page.
· Reach mobile sports fans: The Score Mobile is one of the top downloadable sports applications for smart phones. The application features exclusive custom short-form video content and league content, Live in-game blogging and chat, and a single ad unit per page, giving the advertiser 100% Share of Voice and higher ad interaction rates.
Advertisers who are looking to reach Canadian hockey fans should contact Canadian Television Sales at 212-967-1999 or visit www.canadiantvsales.com for more information.
About Canadian Television Sales:
Canadian Television Sales (CTS) provides American advertising agencies with the knowledge, resources and ability to place advertising on Canadian television, radio stations and online properties. CTS was created over 13 years ago to provide television stations in Canada with a dedicated sales force and respond to the increasing number of requests from advertising agencies in the United States seeking to incorporate Canada into their upcoming media campaigns. Through the years CTS has worked with media buyers and planners to pass along unique Canadian advertising opportunities to their advertisers. For more information, visit www.canadiantvsales.com.
CBC is Canada’s national broadcaster and one of its largest cultural institutions, offering 29 services on radio, television, the Internet, satellite radio, and digital audio. CBC brings diverse regional and cultural perspectives into the lives of Canadians in English, French, and eight aboriginal languages. The Corporation’s broadcasting reach extends across Canada and around the world, offering high quality distinctive content by, for and about Canadians however and wherever they want it.
About The Score:
Score Media is a media company committed to delivering interactive and authentic sports entertainment. The company has now established itself as the home for hardcore sports fans. Score Media’s primary asset, The Score Television Network (“The Score”), is a national specialty television service providing sports news, information, highlights and live event programming in more than 6.6 million homes across Canada.
RIPE - the online division of Canadian Television Sales
P: 212-967-1999 | firstname.lastname@example.org