Charleston, SC, April 14, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- The 3rd Annual Charleston International Film Festival (CIFF), South Carolina’s premiere event for independent filmmakers and film enthusiasts, would like to announce and congratulate its 2010 Award Winners presented at the Awards Gala held at the Francis Marion Gold Ballroom.
Golden Crescent Award
-Golden Crescent Award for Best Film: "The 5th Quarter" Written, Directed and Produced by Rick Bieber
- Best Feature: "The 5th Quarter" - Written, Directed and Produced by Rick Bieber
- Best Short: "Two Hours in the Dark" - Written, Directed and Produced by Chip Hackler
- Jury Award for Best Documentary: "Tapped" - Written, Directed and Produced by Stephanie Soechtig
Audience Choice Awards
- Best Documentary: "Soundtrack for a Revolution" – Written and Directed by Bill Guttentag and Dan Sturman
- Best Feature: "Republic of Pete" – Written and Directed by Jesse Berger
- Best Short - Comedy: "She’s a Fox" – Written and Directed by Cameron Sawyer
- Best Short - Drama: "True Beauty This Night"- Written and Directed by Peter Besson
- Best Short - Thriller: "The Familiar" – Written and Directed by Kody Zimmerman
- Best Animation: "Golem Song" – Written and Directed by Joy and Noelle Vaccese
-Golden Crescent Screenplay Competition Winner: Shannon Laribo for "In That Place"
-First Runner-Up: Rich Gordon for "Totengold"
-Second Runner-Up: Larry Hedaa for "Forgotten Heroes"
-Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Carolina Award for Best Actress: Rachel Jackson in "3 Things"
-Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Carolina Award for Best Actor: Daniel Jones in "Patrol"
Charleston International Film Festival (CIFF) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization with the mission to educate, entertain, and inspire through the art and science of film. Co-founded in 2007, by film producer Summer Spooner and Charleston native Brian Peacher, the festival showcased over 50 short films, features and documentaries from around the world. Attendees gathered for four days April 8-11, 2010 to attend premieres, panels, special events and the Annual Awards Gala. 2010 Sponsors include: Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Carolina, Stolichnaya Vodka, The Art Institute of Charleston, Hendrick’s Gin, PDA, Sailor Jerry Rum, Charleston Magazine, Rick Hendrick BMW, Stella Artois, Center for the Documentary at the College of Charleston, Palmetto Brewery, Cinebarre, Renaissart and the SC Film Commission.