New York, NY, April 21, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- Continuing with its focus on High-Frequency Trading, GoldenNetworking.net is hosting High-Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2010, "Innovating and Profiting from High-Frequency Trading in 2010 and Beyond" (http://www.HFTLeadersForum.com), May 27th, 2010, New York City. GoldenNetworking.net's High-Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2010 will provide attendees with the most up-to-date overview of the present and future of High-Frequency Trading.
High-Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2010, "Innovating and Profiting from High-Frequency Trading in 2010 and Beyond" will provide attendees with the most up-to-date and enlightening overview of the present and future of High-Frequency Trading. Topics that will be discussed include access methods to venues, regulatory overview, technology key success factors, latency, co-location, proximity, fragmented market data, compliance and risk management.
High-Frequency Trading has changed the Alternative Investment landscape for all participants in the market, exhibiting extraordinary interest and growth, throughout different geographies and asset classes. Key requirements to successfully compete in this new world include a sophisticated understanding of the technology behind trades that need to be executed in micro-seconds and low-latency strategies, areas that will be covered at High-Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2010 by recognized leaders and experts:
· Profitably Running a High-Frequency Trading Operation in 2010 and Beyond: Traders are leaving high-frequency trading shops to start their new firms; they quickly plan to scale up to 100 million shares a day. Few months later, they are struggling to stay in business. How to profitably run a high-frequency trading firm? Which considerations are important in the setup stage? How to protect intellectual property when an employee leaves? How to set up initial relationships with key exchanges? How to leverage your prime broker for capital introduction services?
· Successfully Implementing Killer High-Frequency Strategies: High-Frequency Trading generates returns through the rapid turnover of many small positions in one or more financial instruments. These strategies are considerably less risky than traditional low-frequency trading in market risk, credit and counterparty risk, liquidity risk, and operational risk categories. Yet, managers of high-frequency shops are delivering positive returns. How are these managers beating low-frequency traders? How to successfully apply information arbitrage and deviations arbitrage? How to make sure there is a level playing field?
· Technology Infrastructure to Enable Ultra High-Frequency Trading: High-frequency trading is a sophisticated automation of functions traditionally performed by traders. Implementing ultra high-frequency trading strategies requires careful planning and scrupulous implementation. Would you be able to buy all the necessary infrastructure rather than build it? In which cases would you need customized work? How could you enhance speeds through hardware acceleration? How expensive are co-location services? How to improve processing capacity of the servers running the trading programs?
· The Future and Challenges of High-Frequency Trading: Despite drawing the unwanted attention of regulators and members of Congress, high-frequency trading has quickly leapt into the spotlight and gained immense popularity, thanks to record profits. Which are going to be the most important high-frequency trading strategies moving forward? Which types of firms are most likely to include high frequency trading into their trading strategy? What are the long-term implications on the market? What to expect and what to request of the regulators?
High-Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2010 is produced by GoldenNetworking.net (http://www.goldennetworking.net), the premier networking community for business executives, entrepreneurs, investors and diplomats, founded by former McKinsey consultant and Columbia Business School MBA Edgar Perez. Upcoming Leaders Forums and Business Networking receptions include:
· High-Frequency Trading Happy Hour, (http://www.HFTHappyHour.com), May 3rd, New York City
· Real Estate Leaders Forum 2010, "Successfully Investing in Distressed Real Estate Assets" (http://www.RealEstateLeadersForum.com), June 17th, New York City
Panelists, speakers and sponsors are invited to contact GoldenNetworking.net by sending an email to email@example.com. GoldenNetworking.net has been frequently featured in the press, including recent articles in The New York Times, "Golden Networking Helps Job Seekers Make Overseas Connections" (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/07/nyregion/07network.html) and Columbia Business School's Hermes Alumni Magazine, "10 Under 10" (http://www7.gsb.columbia.edu/alumni/news/ten-under-ten).