Los Angeles, CA, May 13, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- Celebrity stylist Dalit Gwenna shows that hats, the new hip trend, can be worn every day, not just on special occasions. Hats are a strong fashion statement, but despite their increased popularity, many women are still wondering how to wear them, and how to pick the best one. Dalit Gwenna, one of LA’s newest and hottest celebrity stylists, includes hats and sunglasses as important accessories, when styling her clients.
Dalit Gwenna shared her best hat styling secrets with mothers and daughters at the Gavert Salon “Mothers-On-The-Go” event on May 8th:
1. Match the style of the outfit, not the color; the hat color should flatter the wearer’s skin-tone.
2. Pay attention to overall proportions between height and brim width. A hat with a tall crown can give the illusion of extra height.
3. Do not over-accessorize: if wearing a large hat, don’t wear large earrings.
4. The shape of a face can also determine which hats look best: heart-shaped faces suit all styles, narrow faces need a full, rounded crown; round faces work best with wide-brimmed hats.
5. If wearing a statement hat, the rest of the outfit should be kept simple.
6. Consider the angle at which the hat should be worn and how it works with the hairdo and shape of the face.
The most important rule, according to Dalit, is to be comfortable with the hat, and confident in your style. “Hats are fun, and there is a hat for everyone, for all occasions, you just have to find it” she says. She showed mothers and daughters how to style with hats and accessories at the “Mothers-on-the-Go” event at Gavert Salon, in Beverly Hills, on Saturday, May 8th. The hats and sunglasses are regularly featured at EM & Co boutique in West Hollywood, www.emandco.com.
About Dalit Gwenna:
Having spent her life immersed in the world of art, fashion, and design, stylist Dalit Gwenna describes herself as "one the edgiest clothing stylists working today." With an obsession for sequins, tulle and lace, Dalit brings her creative twist to everyday style. Her fresh and unique eye allows her clientele to be ahead of the trend while remaining effortlessly chic. Her clients range from glam pop stars and socialites, to business professionals and everyday fashionistas. As a fashion insider on both the East and West coasts of the US, Dalit Gwenna has been exposed to all aspects of the fashion industry, and most recently, she has been responsible for styling Forever 21 Inc.'s worldwide window directive. Dalit Gwenna has been featured in WWD, WFIT TV, TV Lesson, HollywoodWorx, Cliché Magazine, LA's The Place, Apparel News, LIFE, 944, Agenda Magazine, TV Hits Australia and Look Book LA. More information on her latest projects and style tips: www.dalitgwenna.com.
About EM & Co:
EM & Co, a West 3rd Street boutique, supplies fashion-conscious shoppers with a well-orchestrated mix of fashions from world-class designers (i.e., Vivienne Westwood, Iodice, JC de Castelbajac, Beatriz), as well as innovative styles from emerging L.A. talent. Featuring over 30 lines from around the world in its gallery-like space, EM & Co is also an active supporter of local talent, hosting monthly art exhibits and other events featuring local artists and designers. For more information about EM & Co, please visit: www.emandco.com.