Raleigh, NC, June 04, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- The NC State Jenkins MBA (http://mgt.ncsu.edu/mba) has announced that Bri Tegtmeier, a student in the MBA program, has been selected to participate in the 2010 Canadian Leadership Orientation Program for US MBAs. Tegtmeier is one of only 20 American MBA students participating in the 2010 program, which is being held from Sunday, May 30 through Friday, June 4 in Ottawa and Montreal, Canada. The objective of the program is to provide students, who will be among the next generation of American business leaders, with an opportunity to enhance their knowledge and understanding of the economic and business partnerships that exist between Canada and the United States. The weeklong program was first initiated in 2005 by the Association of Canadian Studies in the U.S. (ACSUS) and the Telfer School of Management at the University of Ottawa, in cooperation with Foreign Affairs Canada, HEC Montreal, and the Canadian Embassy in Washington, D.C.
“We are excited that Bri is participating in the prestigious Canadian Leadership Orientation program,” said Steve Allen, associate dean for graduate programs and research in the NC State College of Management. “Canada is our nation’s largest partner, and it is important that the next generation of business leaders is familiar with Canadian business practices.”
New Media Content:
Jenkins MBA Facebook Page:
Jenkins MBA Twitter Page:
- Tegtmeier is the third student from the Jenkins MBA program to participate in the program.
- The program involves panel sessions and briefings on Canada’s economic, industrial and financial market structure; the U.S. market and investment strategies of Canadian companies and Canadian market; investment strategies of U.S. companies in Canada; Canadian business practices; and Canada-U.S. political and trade relations.
- It also involves visits to a number of leading Canadian corporations and U.S. subsidiaries.
- Students from top MBA programs from across the United States are selected to participate.
- For additional information about the program, visit http://sites.telfer.uottawa.ca/canadianleadership/node/1.
About Jenkins Graduate School of Management:
The Jenkins Graduate School of Management is part of the North Carolina State University College of Management in Raleigh, N.C. In addition to the Jenkins MBA program, it offers graduate programs in accounting and economics. The Jenkins MBA program was established in 2002 to provide graduate management education with an emphasis on technology and innovation. Its real world approach to learning brings students, top educators and professionals together in a research- and technology-focused environment that supports the knowledge, skills and leadership development needed for today’s global marketplace. The Jenkins MBA program offers concentrations in biosciences management, entrepreneurship and technology commercialization, financial management, innovation management, marketing management, services management and consulting, and supply chain management for both full- and part-time students. Consistently rated among the top 75 MBA programs, the Jenkins MBA continues to receive national and international attention for its commitment to quality education and research. For more information, visit mgt.ncsu.edu/mba/.
MMI Public Relations