Raleigh, NC, June 06, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- ABC11 Eyewitness News (www.abc11.com) has announced that anchors Tisha Powell, Frances Scott and Amber Rupinta will be featured in a monthly column, titled “Moms On The Go,” for the Fayetteville-based Women’s View Magazine. The three working mothers will rotate each month, writing about their experiences as moms in the workforce and the challenges they face while maintaining a career and a family. They will provide advice to moms who may struggle or who are looking to improve with sustaining a balance between their work and home life, as well as tips on ways to avoid particular situations that often affect working mothers. The first column, written by Powell, will be included in the June issue and will provide advice for moms who need summertime childcare.
“We are excited to have Tisha, Frances and Amber contributing to Women’s View Magazine,” said John Idler, president and general manager of ABC11 Eyewitness News. “All three women know what it takes to balance families with successful careers. They will be an incredible resource for Fayetteville moms and will provide great advice on how to manage kids and a job.”
New Media Content:
ABC11 Eyewitness News Facebook Page:
ABC11 Eyewitness News Twitter Page:
ABC11 “Moms On The Go” Blog: http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=resources/lifestyle_community/community&id=6995498
- Rupinta joined ABC11 Eyewitness in February 2004. She anchors each weekday at 5 a.m. on Eyewitness News This Morning. She has covered such prominent stories as presidential candidates Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton battling for N.C. voters, Hurricane Ophelia, a terrorist attack at UNC-CH, the Conagra plant explosion, and the Carthage nursing home massacre that left eight people dead.
- Rupinta resides in Raleigh with her husband and their two sons.
- Scott joined ABC11 Eyewitness News in 1998. She anchors Eyewitness News at 5 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. She has covered Hurricanes Bertha, Dennis, and Floyd, the 20-inch snowstorm in 1999, the massive ice storm of 2003, the NCAA National Championship wins of the basketball teams at UNC and Duke, and the Carolina Hurricanes' run to the Stanley Cup Semi-Finals.
- Scott resides in Raleigh with her husband and three children.
- Powell came to the station in 2004. She co-anchors Eyewitness News at 5 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. with Frances Scott, as well as Eyewitness News at 10 p.m. and 11 p.m. with Steve Daniels. Her major accomplishments have included following the UNC Tar Heels to the Final Four, traveling to New Orleans in 2005 to cover Hurricane Katrina, and emceeing Governor Bev Perdue's Inaugural Ball. She has also had the opportunity to interview influential people such as Michelle Obama and Oprah Winfrey.
- Powell lives in Durham, N.C., with her husband and their daughter.
About ABC11 Eyewitness News:
ABC11 Eyewitness News provides 33 hours of local news every week, serving more than 1 million households in a 22-county area in North Carolina and Virginia. Eyewitness News also provides news, weather and sports information 24 hours a day on ABC11.com as well as serving two additional digital channels, ABC11 Eyewitness News Now on Time Warner cable channel 213, and Live Well HD on Time Warner 212. ABC11 WTVD is part of the Disney-ABC Television Group, which is home to all of The Walt Disney Company's worldwide entertainment and news television properties. For more information, go to www.abc11.com.
MMI Public Relations