Nashua, NH, June 12, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- NextComputing, makers of high-performance portable servers and workstations, today announces its newest NextDimension portable computer, the NextDimension Evo Plus HD. The NextDimension Evo Plus HD was designed to meet the needs of users who require very high disk storage capacity and storage data rates, a large amount PCI expansion, or a combination of both. This level of storage and I/O expansion capability makes the NextDimension Evo Plus HD ideal for data-intensive applications like 10 Gigabit network data inspection, uncompressed stereoscopic 3D video recording, or military intelligence data acquisition.
The NextDimension series is NextComputing’s flagship line of high-performance portable computers. NextDimension systems are known for their small, compact design that packs enterprise-level server and workstation class computing into a briefcase-style package for users who need to run demanding applications away from their office. The NextDimension Evo Plus HD adds even more capability to this line-up by increasing the number of PCI Express and PCI-X expansion slots and the amount of storage available in the system, all while remaining lightweight and portable.
The NextDimension Evo Plus HD features:
- Up to 22 internal 2.5” SATA 7200 RPM hard drives to 500GB each (up to 11TB), or up to 14 internal 2.5” SAS 10/15K RPM hard drives to 600GB each (up to 8.4TB)
- Multiple RAID options using its integrated SATA/SAS RAID controller or plug-in RAID controllers
- Up to 6 full-height, full-length PCI expansion slots, (6 PCI Express slots and 1 PCI-X slot)
- Lightweight and compact form factor: 6.69”x11.44”x16.8”, base configurations start at ~19 lbs.
- Dual Quad-Core Intel® Xeon® processors
- Up to 32GB DDR2 ECC memory
- Integrated high-resolution 17” widescreen HD (1920x1200) display
- NextDimension Evo Plus (screen-less version) also available
“Our NextDimension series of portable systems already has a strong track record with customers in a number of very data-intensive markets, in particular network test and measurement for service providers and large enterprises,” says Bob Labadini, President and CTO of NextComputing. “The NextDimension Evo Plus HD is a response to requests from our OEM and end-user customers for even more storage performance and capacity, as well as the need for more PCI slots to accommodate a larger number of 3rd party off-the-shelf I/O devices.”
Labadini continues, “This combination of storage and expansion, built upon our high-performance, modular FleXtreme system architecture, allows our customers to build extremely capable and flexible systems that rival the performance of high-end rackmount servers and workstations, but in an elegant, compact package that can travel to any location.”
Based in Nashua, NH, NextComputing is a unique technology company specializing in extreme-performance portables and dense streaming rackmount computers. Its open-standards, modular systems are used throughout many industries for a range of professional applications including real-time 3D visualization, high-throughput data streaming, and high-end application demonstration.