Boston, MA, December 05, 2006 --(PR.com
)-- Stylus Studio ( http://www.stylusstudio.com ), an industry-leading provider of XML tools and data integration components, announces the release of an educational video tutorial showcasing its powerful Data Integration Tools. The new tutorial entitled, "Using the Stylus Studio XML Pipeline to Visually Integrate and Publish Data," can be viewed at ( http://www.stylusstudio.com/videos/pipeline3/pipeline3.htm ).
This new tutorial is the second in a series of online tutorials covering in detail advanced features and use cases of the XML Pipeline, the world's leading data integration tool, ideal for simplifying ETL, EII and EAI applications. See for yourself how easy it is to build an XML Pipeline that converts text and EDI to XML and then uses XSLT and XQuery to create PDF and HTML reports. The data integration tools tutorial covers the following topics plus many more:
• An overview of top-down and bottom-up XML Pipeline design in Stylus Studio
• Understanding data source, flow control, and other XML operations. ( http://www.stylusstudio.com/xml/operations.html )
• Building an XML pipeline using your existing XSLT, XML Schema or XQuery documents
• Piping the output of an XQuery application to an XML file
• Saving and executing an XML pipeline
• Applying the generated XSL stylesheet to the XQuery output in the XML Pipeline
• Browsing HTML+CSS output files in the XML Pipeline output preview windows
• Using a single output node as an input to multiple input nodes in the XML Pipeline
• Publishing XML to PDF and viewing the output files. ( http://www.stylusstudio.com/xml_to_pdf.html )
• Customizing the XML Pipeline Designer
• Saving your XML Pipeline as an image for documentation purposes
• Using the integrated Java Code Generation to run your XML pipeline. ( http://www.stylusstudio.com/java_code_generation.html )
• Customizing the generated Java code output format including target directory, package names, class name, execution log and more.
• Browsing, compiling and executing the generated Java code in the integrated Java IDE, then examining the results. ( http://www.stylusstudio.com/java_ide.html )
• Invoking the cross-language debugging features to set a break point anywhere in the XML pipeline, then seamlessly step into individual XSLT or XQuery applications using the integrated XSLT ( http://www.stylusstudio.com/xslt_debugger.html ) debugger and XQuery debugger ( http://www.stylusstudio.com/xquery_debugger.html ).
Pricing and Availability
Stylus Studio 2007 XML Enterprise Suite is available for immediate purchase at the Stylus Studio online shop. Single user licenses for Stylus Studio XML Enterprise Edition start at just $595 (USD). For more information about purchasing Stylus Studio, including enterprise sales inquiries, call (781) 280-4488 or email us.
About Stylus Studio®
Stylus Studio®, a product from DataDirect Technologies, an operating company of Progress Software Corporation, is the industry's most innovative XML IDE, providing a comprehensive suite of advanced XML tools and scalable deployment components for working with XML, XSLT, XPath, XQuery, XML Schema, Web services, EDI, legacy data integration, XML Pipeline, XML mapping, XML Publishing and more. Used by leading software developers world-wide, Stylus Studio simplifies XML programming and enhances developer productivity through innovation. For more information, visit: http://www.stylusstudio.com
About DataDirect Technologies
DataDirect Technologies is the software industry's only comprehensive provider of software for connecting the world's most critical business applications to data and services, running on any platform, using proven and emerging standards. Developers worldwide depend on DataDirect® products to connect their applications to an unparalleled range of data sources using standards-based interfaces such as ODBC, JDBC™ and ADO.NET, XQuery and SOAP. More than 300 leading independent software vendors and thousands of enterprises rely on DataDirect Technologies to simplify and streamline data connectivity for distributed systems and to reduce the complexity of mainframe integration. DataDirect Technologies is an operating company of Progress Software Corporation. For more information, visit www.datadirect.com.
For more information about Stylus Studio:
Business Development Manager
Tel: (781) 280-4488
Fax: (781) 280-4295
DataDirect and Stylus Studio are trademarks or registered trademarks of Progress Software Corporation or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Java and all Java-based marks are trademarks or service marks of Sun Microsystems, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. Any other trademarks or service marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.