Dallas, TX, June 26, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- ReportsandReports Announce it Will Carry Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH) - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2016 Market Research Report in its Store.
Browse the complete Report on: http://www.reportsandreports.com/market-reports/pulmonary-arterial-hypertension-pah-pipeline-assessment-and-m/
GlobalData’s report, “Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH) – Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2016” provides an essential source of information and analysis on the global PAH market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global PAH market. The report also provides insight on the competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to cause significant shifts in the positioning of the existing market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insight into the pipeline products within the global PAH sector.
This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GlobalData’s team of industry experts.
GlobalData valued the global Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH) market to be worth $2,653m in 2009. According to the Venice 2003 revised classification system, PAH is categorized as World Health Organization (WHO) Group I - PAH. Prior to 2001, no drug was approved for the treatment of PAH. Only supportive care medication such as anticoagulants, diuretics, oxygen, digoxin and calcium channel blockers was given to the patients. In 2001, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved Tracleer as the treatment for patients with PAH. This drug is a registered trademark of Actelion Ltd. The sales of Tracleer grew rapidly due to a high patient switch over from off-label drugs to Tracleer. The drug has a better efficacy profile compared to the previously used off-label drugs.
The FDA also approved three more drugs, Remodulin, Ventavis, and Revatio in 2002, 2004 and 2005 respectively for the treatment of PAH. However, these three drugs accounted for only a 24% market share to PAH market in 2005. Between 2005 and 2009, the PAH market grew at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 39.2% and recorded revenues of $2,653m in 2009. According to GlobalData analysis, the PAH market is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 5% annually over the next six years to reach $3,569m by 2015. Tracleer, the major revenue generating drug of the PAH market is expected to go off patent by 2015. The patent expiry of this drug will be a major barrier for the market growth. Until this time, the growth of the PAH market is primarily attributed to increased competition among existing products, the release of new and enhanced treatment options, and the development of safer and more efficacious therapies. In 2009, Actelion Ltd, with its key drug Tracleer, was the leading player in the global PAH market.
The report analyzes market opportunities and challenges for the global PAH market. Its scope includes
- Annualized global PAH market revenues data from 2005 to 2009, forecast forward for seven years to 2016.
- Geographic markets covered in this report include the US, the UK, Italy, Spain, Germany, France, and Japan.
- Pipeline analysis data provides a split across different phases, mechanism of actions being developed and emerging trends. Key classes of mechanism of action include endothelin receptor antagonists, platelet aggregation inhibitors, phosphodiesterase inhibitors, serotonin pathway antagonists, angiotensin receptor antagonists, P2Y 12 receptor inhibitors, PDE5 inhibitors, prostacyclin (PGI2) agonists, nitric oxide synthetase inhibitors.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global PAH market. Key market players covered are Actelion Ltd., United Therapeutics Corporation, Bayer AG, Gilead Sciences, Pfizer Inc., Novartis AG, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Sanofi-Aventis, Eli Lilly and Company, Lung RX and GlaxoSmithKline Plc.
- Insightful reviews of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs and the implications for the future market associated with PAH.
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability in a rapid and time sensitive manner. It will allow you to:
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through reviews of pipeline products and technologies and by identifying companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global PAH market.
- Drive revenues by understanding key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to impact the global PAH market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- What is the next big thing in the global PAH market landscape? – Identify, understand and capitalize.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals at: http://www.reportsandreports.com/market-research/pharmaceuticals/
Browse all GlobalData at http://www.reportsandreports.com/Publishers/globaldata/
Browse Latest Reports at: http://www.reportsandreports.com/LatestReport.aspx
HIV-AIDS – Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2016
Hepatitis C (HCV) – Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2016
Stakeholder Opinions: Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension clinical community builds order from chaos