Clearwater, FL, July 21, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- Clearwater Community Volunteers of the Church of Scientology Flag Service Organization announces its 8th Annual “Fashions with Flair” Silent Auction and Fashion Show Fundraiser on Saturday, August 7th, 2010 11 AM – 2:30 PM. The event will be held at the historic Fort Harrison which is owned by the Church of Scientology and is located at 210 S. Ft. Harrison Ave. Clearwater, Florida. The show is sponsored by Clearwater Community Volunteers, a volunteer arm of the Church of Scientology Flag Service Organization in Clearwater, a non-profit charitable organization made up entirely of volunteers.
The group also produces the huge Easter Egg Hunt in Coachman Park in Clearwater every spring and “Winter Wonderland” – its annual holiday charity drive in downtown Clearwater which features 5 village buildings, 90 live pine trees, a fully functioning stage with entertainment, tens of thousands of tiny white lights, pony & train rides, a playground, a giant slide and bouncy house, and of course Santa and Mrs. Claus.
This year’s Fashions with Flair leading models include:
- Susan Valdes, Hillsborough County School Board Member District 1
- Cat Coats, Pinellas Sheriff Jim Coats wife, who also serves on the Good News Jail and Prison Ministry Board, Girlfriends of Pinellas Co, The Boys and Girls Club of the Suncoast and The Pace Center for Girls
- Kathleen Peters, Mayor of South Pasadena
- Lisa Andrews, Regional Director Make a Wish Foundation of Central and Northern FL
- Cathy DeKnoblough, of the Pinellas County Sheriffs Office
- Margaret Word Burnsides, Editor in Chief of the Tampa Bay Magazine
- Anne Fogarty France, Board Administrator for the City of Clearwater
- Julie Ryczek, Governors Council on Physical Fitness in Pinellas County
- Bahiyyah Sadiki, Educator and wife of Imam Wilmore Minkah Sadiki St. Petersburg Islamic Center
- Eleanor Lyda, Membership Director for the Clearwater Downtown Partnership
- Kathy Stock RN, Dr Agin's office
- Joanie Sigal, Founder and co-chairperson of Florida Citizens for Social Reform
- Pat Brady, Pinellas County Elections Office
- Pat Harney, Director of Public Affairs for the Church of Scientology
- Lisa Mansell, Community Affairs Director for Church of Scientology
- Stephanie Bruneau-Klimke, Social Reform Coordinator for the Church of Scientology
Special Guest Speakers:
From Make-A-Wish Foundation of Central & Northern FL, Suncoast Region and the Children’s Home Inc.
This year's fashions are being provided by Ambria’s of St. Petersburg.
The silent auction items include hundreds of items priced from $5 to thousands, wonderful crafts and baked goods, celebrity items, tons of gift certificates, art, gift baskets, designer jewelry, a 22ft sailboat and much more.
Proceeds will benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Central & Northern Florida, Suncoast Region, The Children’s Home, Inc. and Winter Wonderland.
For reservations call 727-442-2099