Houston, TX, July 23, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- Hyatt Regency Houston today announced the launch of Meet and Be Green, a new program that encourages guests and planners to make green choices for their meetings. In order to Meet and Be Green at Hyatt Regency Houston, planners and meeting attendees will pledge to take these ten steps to “go green” during their meeting:
- Recycle during the meeting
- Use products with 100% recycled content
- Print materials locally
- Minimize shipping
- Rather than setting materials at every seat, place meeting materials, such as handouts, notepads, pens, etc., in a central location so attendees can take as needed
- Maintain room temperatures at an appropriate level
- Eliminate disposable water bottles
- Minimize use of other disposable products such as plates, cups, napkins, and utensils
- Select locally grown seasonal foods when planning the menu
- Plan ahead for the meeting to make it easier and more economical to keep the meeting green
Dedicated meeting planners at Hyatt Regency Houston will help source products with 100% recycled content, find local suppliers, and maximize efforts to reduce waste to create a meeting experience that exceeds expectations and helps the environment at the same time. To discuss Meet and Be Green options, meeting planners should contact the hotel sales team at 713.375.4675.
For new meetings booked by December 30, 2010, and held by March 31, 2011, groups participating in the Meet and Be Green program at Hyatt Regency Houston will be eligible for a 3% rebate on qualifying charges on the master bill. Meet and Be Green is one of the latest additions to Great Happens, Hyatt’s ongoing campaign to emphasize the power and importance of in-person meetings.
Meet and Be Green is one part of Hyatt’s larger pledge to conserve energy, minimize waste and create responsible, sustainable corporate practices to care for the earth and guests. By empowering guests to do the same, Hyatt and its planners can help minimize the environmental impact of meetings. Full details of the program and promotion are available at HyattMeetings.com.
In addition to the launch of Meet and Be Green, Hyatt Regency Houston recently introduced new Seasonal Banquet Menus. These menu selections are updated quarterly and provide food and beverage enhancements for meetings and events that feature items from local and regional farmers, fisherman and cheese makers. View the Summer Banquet Menus at http://regencyhoustonsummer.hyattemenus.com