Raleigh, NC, August 01, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- The NC State Jenkins MBA program (http://mgt.ncsu.edu/mba) has announced that Dr. Jeffrey Stonebraker, an assistant professor in the NC State University College of Management’s Department of Business Management, has been elected as a charter fellow in the Society of Decision Professionals (SDP). He also serves on SDP’s Educator Forum Council. This international society, established earlier this year, fosters collaboration, continual learning and networking among its members and other professional societies and organizations to help bring clarity and insight to corporate decision makers. Stonebraker teaches in the NC State Jenkins MBA program’s supply chain management concentration and has worked in professional decision analysis positions.
“Jeff will be a great asset to the Society of Decision Professionals as the organization develops,” said Steve Allen, associate dean for graduate programs and research in the NC State College of Management. “He brings valuable experience from both the professional and academic perspectives.”
New Media Content:
Jenkins MBA Facebook Page:
Jenkins MBA Twitter Page:
- Society of Decision Professionals created their final charter on March 21.
- The Society of Decision Professionals offers three levels of membership, the highest of which is the Fellowship.
- The Fellowship recognition requires five years of full-time experience using Decision Analysis, a self-report detailing the qualifications the nominee holds, and nominations by three other Fellows.
- Stonebraker, who joined the NC State College of Management’s Department of Business Management in 2009, was previously an assistant professor in the University of Denver Daniels College of Business’s Department of Statistics and Operations Technology. He also has held positions as a manager of decision sciences at GlaxoSmithKline, manager of strategic planning at Bayer Biological Products and Biotechnology, senior associate at Applied Decision Analysis, Inc., and Major in the U.S. Air Force.
- His related research includes a practice abstract regarding an American Airlines analysis accepted by Interfaces, and two papers published in Interfaces, one on nuclear refueling strategy and one on new product introduction. He also has four papers published in Haemophelia and one n Operations Research.
- For more information about the Society of Decision Professionals, visit http://www.regonline.com/builder/site/Default.aspx?eventid=841627.
About Jenkins Graduate School of Management:
The Jenkins Graduate School of Management is part of the North Carolina State University College of Management in Raleigh, N.C. In addition to the Jenkins MBA program, it offers graduate programs in accounting and economics. The Jenkins MBA program was established in 2002 to provide graduate management education with an emphasis on technology and innovation. Its real world approach to learning brings students, top educators and professionals together in a research and technology focused environment that supports the knowledge, skills and leadership development needed for today’s global marketplace. The Jenkins MBA program offers concentrations in biosciences management, entrepreneurship and technology commercialization, financial management, innovation management, marketing management, services management and consulting, and supply chain management for both full- and part-time students. Consistently rated among the top 75 MBA programs, the Jenkins MBA continues to receive national and international attention for its commitment to quality education and research. For more information, visit http://mgt.ncsu.edu/mba/.
MMI Public Relations