Andover, MA, August 05, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- Aras®, the leading enterprise open source Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software solution provider, today announced a 226% increase in sales in the first half of 2010 along with further acceleration in momentum. Aras’ strong performance is driven by the continued growth in worldwide adoption of the Aras Innovator suite, and demonstrates mainstream acceptance of the Aras enterprise open source model and advanced PLM technology by Fortune 500 / Forbes Global 2000 companies.
“Gartner is seeing increased interest and adoption from manufacturers and PLM service providers,” indicated Marc Halpern, Research VP for PLM at Gartner in the recent Cool Vendors in Product Design and Life Cycle Management 2010 report. “The annual subscription fees for support and upgrades are approximately 40% of what they would pay the major PLM vendors for annual maintenance, and they had no expense for PLM licenses.”
“The enterprise open source approach and elimination of PLM license fees initially got our attention, however, what really drove our selection of Aras was the comprehensive PLM functionality and advanced technology,” said Chief Information Officer Tony DeGregorio of Textron Systems Corporation.
Aras Milestone & Momentum Highlights:
- Global sales growth of 226% in the first half of 2010 with 218% in Q1 and 235% in Q2
- Expanded fixed-price Aras Unlimited subscription package offerings for corporate deployments with greater than 10,000 users
- Enterprise PLM deployments by industry leading companies including Carestream Health, COMPAL, DESMA, ITT Defense, Lear Corporation, Motorola, PCC Structurals, Textron, XEROX and numerous others
- Installations in 133 countries around the world of the Aras Innovator suite
- Simultaneous multi-language capabilities for global collaboration now in 9 languages including German, Spanish, French, English, Japanese, Chinese (Mandarin & Simplified), Russian and Hebrew
- 61 partner companies across Europe, Asia, India, Africa, Australia / New Zealand, Russia and Latin America
- More than 29,000 people around the world part of the Aras corporate community
- 86 community solution projects available on the Aras open source project site
- CAD integrations for CATIA, NX, Pro/ENGINEER, SolidWorks, Solid Edge, Inventor, AutoCAD and others along with EDA integrations for Cadence, Allegro, OrCAD, DxDesigner / DxDatabook, PADS, Altium, Zuken and more
- Releases of Aras Innovator Version 9 with enterprise virtualization, expanded security and enhanced vault replication capabilities
- Certified for Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7 becoming the only enterprise PLM solution to successfully pass Microsoft’s most stringent testing requirements on multiple Microsoft platforms
- Certification by CMPIC for enterprise configuration and change management
“Our growth represents a fundamental shift in the way global companies are approaching their enterprise PLM strategy,” said Peter Schroer, President of Aras. “Businesses want to control their own destiny and avoid the type of lock-in that can create interoperability problems and runaway PLM license cost increases. Aras represents the format of the future in the PLM market by providing companies with complete control of their PLM platform and a predictable, fixed-cost structure.”
Aras is the only PLM solution based on an enterprise open source business model and powered by advanced model-based SOA technology. Aras’ innovative architectural approach and comprehensive out-of-the-box functionality ensure that companies can deploy quickly and iteratively adapt their PLM environment in a fraction of the time required by conventional enterprise PLM / PDM systems. Aras delivers highly scalable, flexible and secure PLM software solutions across a full spectrum of product development, supply chain, sales, quality and manufacturing applications, with no PLM license fees.
Aras is Freely Available for Download at http://www.aras.com/
Aras is the leading provider of enterprise open source Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software solutions. Freedom from licensing eliminates up-front expenses and per user costs while superior technology makes Aras the most advanced enterprise PLM solution suite available. Customers include Motorola, Rolls-Royce, Freudenberg, Lockheed Martin, Ingersoll Rand, Klöckner Desma, Hi-P and ACCO Brands. Aras is privately held with global headquarters in Andover, Mass. For additional information visit www.aras.com
Product and service names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.