Berlitz "Talking" Multifunctional Dictionaries Help iPhone and iPad Users Communicate Easily in Eleven World Languages
The release of 12 multifunctional “talking” dictionaries allows iPhone, iPod touch and iPad users to communicate in Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish or Turkish directly on their mobile device. The application releases are part of an agreement between the Langenscheidt Publishing Group and PSG to produce an elite class of mobile reference applications that combine content from the world’s leading publishers with mobile portability.
* Berlitz Basic Dictionary English-French / French-English
* Berlitz Basic Dictionary English-German / German-English
* Berlitz Basic Dictionary English-Italian / Italian-English
* Berlitz Basic Dictionary English-Portuguese / Portuguese-English
* Berlitz Basic Dictionary English-Russian / Russian-English
* Berlitz Basic Dictionary English-Turkish / Turkish-English
* Berlitz Essential Dictionary English-Danish / Danish-English
* Berlitz Essential Dictionary English-Dutch / Dutch-English
* Berlitz Essential Dictionary English-Swedish / Swedish - English
* Berlitz Standard Dictionary English-German / German - English
* Berlitz Standard Dictionary English-Spanish / Spanish - English
* Berlitz Standard Dictionary English-French / French – English
These titles will be available in the iTunes AppStore with future versions for Android, bada, BlackBerry, Java ME, Symbian and Windows Mobile expected to be on the market in early fall 2010.
Previously available only as paper editions, the mobile versions of the bilingual Berlitz dictionaries bring the power of immediately accessible reference information to mobile users everywhere. Berlitz dictionaries contain the most current vocabulary with built-in live voice pronunciations by native speakers to improve pronunciation and build confidence in every social, educational, travel and business situation. Providing the most detailed and reliable reference and translation sources available on the market, the applications require minimal memory space, provide the fastest translation in both directions, and are loaded with information on grammar and spelling variations from the market-leading publishers in language-learning materials.
* Morphology module, which helps users look up words in any grammatical form.
* Audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers.
* Flash Card Quiz, which helps users learn vocabulary effectively.
* Wildcard Search to assist when user is unsure of exact word spelling. Use "?" and "*" symbols to replace the missing letters.
* Similarly spelled words listed in case of misspelling.
* Hyperlinks between articles and directions.
* Search History for the last 100 entries.
* No on-going Internet connection required: simply download the dictionary once and use it on your device without any additional wi-fi expense or availability issues.
Compatibility: iOS 3.0-4.X.
Availability: Berlitz "Basic" dictionaries are available for 15,99 EUR (19.99 USD or 12.99 GBP) each; Berlitz "Essential" and "Standard" dictionaries are available for 9.99 EUR (13.99 USD or 7.99 GBP) each via download from the iTunes AppStore. A limited number of review licenses is available upon request to interested media.
For up-to-the-minute information on Paragon Software Group happenings, including news and information for Frankfurt Book Fair 2010, find us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Paragon-Software-GroupMobile-Products/188145097131), follow them on Twitter @Paragon_Mobile or sign up for their mailing list at their blog (http://blog.penreader.com/)!
About Langenscheidt Publishing Group
The Langenscheidt Publishing Group’s complete catalogue comprises over 3,000 titles—including the largest selection of travel and language-learning products in the world. Berlitz Publishing provides an unparalleled selection of phrase books, bilingual dictionaries, and audio programs. To learn more about Langenscheidt, please visit www.langenscheidt.com.
About Paragon Software Group
Paragon Software Group (Smart Handheld Devices Division & Epocware) offers software for diverse classes of smartphones (Android, bada, BlackBerry, iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Java, Windows Mobile, Symbian OS) and desktop PCs, including multilingual on-line handwriting recognition, localization, business and productivity applications, games, and 120 multilingual dictionaries and encyclopedias. PSG has offices in the USA, Germany, Japan and Russia, delivering its solutions to consumers through a network of operators, distributors and OEMs as well as online through the company website. PSG provides technology to a host of world-class companies and partners including HTC, Microsoft, Motorola, Nokia, Samsung and Sony Ericsson. To learn more about Paragon Software Group's diverse product line, please visit:
Smart Handheld Devices Division: http://www.penreader.com
Storage Management Division: