Singapore, Singapore, September 19, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- Proceq Asia has combined today's technology with its over 35 years of Equotip know-how and customer feedback to create the Equotip 3 - a portable instrument that offers extended capabilities and unmatched ease of operation.
The Equotip 3 is a versatile portable hardness testing solution using the dynamic Leeb rebound technique which was invented by Proceq.
The Equotip Measuring Principle
Equotip uses a proven, dynamic testing principle. An impact body with a hard metal test tip is propelled by spring force against the surface of the test piece. Surface deformation takes place when the impact body hits the test surface, which will result in loss of kinetic energy. This energy loss is detected by a comparison of velocities vi and vr when the impact body is at a precise distance from the surface for both the impact and rebound phase of the test, respectively. Velocity measurements are achieved through a permanent magnet in the impact body that generates an induction voltage in the coil of the impact device. The signal voltage is proportional to the velocity of the impact body. Signal processing provides the hardness reading for display and storage.
The versatile professional device for portable hardness testing:
* Typical test pieces range from massive steel rolls, heavy forgings and castings over to steel bars, tubes and suitable cylinders and pipes
* Reliable measurements on almost all part geometries
* Well documented on- and off-site measurements
* Quality inspection in industrial plants where quickness rules, from periodic checks to continuous production line testing
* Comprehensive and precise hardness characterization in material research and development
* Use as the mobile alternative to inflexible Rockwell, Vickers and Brinell stands
The hand-held Equotip 3 tester offers extended capabilities while maintaining unmatched ease of operation:
* Highly accurate ± 4 HL (0.5% at 800 HL) with automatic correction for impact direction
* Wide measurement range, direct Leeb hardness conversion to all common scales (HV, HB, HRC, HRB, HRA, HS, Rm)
* Internal storage of ~100’000 measured values
* Avoid human errors through user and application profiles
* Great variety of probes, support rings, test blocks and accessories
For additional information about Proceq and their new Equotip 3, please contact your Proceq sales representative or visit www.proceqasia.net. Alternatively, you may email enquiries to email@example.com.