Raleigh, NC, October 10, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- The NC State Jenkins MBA program (http://mgt.ncsu.edu/mba/) held a ribbon cutting ceremony and open house at their new Research Triangle Park (RTP) campus on Sept. 21. The RTP campus opened for classes on Aug. 18, and offers additional space for classrooms, conference rooms and academic advising, as well as upgraded instructional technology.
Triangle area business leaders and elected officials participated in the ribbon cutting ceremony, including Wake County Economic Development Executive Director Ken Atkins, Research Triangle Regional Partnership President and CEO Charles A. Hayes, Raleigh City Councilor Nancy McFarlane, and Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce President and CEO Harvey Schmitt. The ribbon cutting ceremony was followed by a luncheon and an afternoon open house.
“We were pleased with the turnout at our ribbon cutting ceremony and open house,” said Dr. Steve Allen, associate dean for graduate programs and research in the NC State College of Management. “This new facility is optimally designed to provide our students with the latest technologies, state-of-the-art classrooms, and spaces for interviews, discussions and academic advising.”
New Media Content:
Jenkins MBA Facebook Page:
Jenkins MBA Twitter Page:
- Before cutting the ribbon, Dean Ira R. Weiss acknowledged the role of three individuals who contributed significantly to the success of the Jenkins MBA program: Dr. Allen; Pam Bostic, director of the Jenkins MBA program; and Judee Lonnee, assistant director of the part-time MBA program.
- The new RTP campus encompasses 5,000 square feet on the first floor of the four-story building at 1 Park Drive in Morrisville. It includes four classrooms, three conference rooms and three faculty offices.
- The RTP campus offers the same smart podiums and other classroom technology as is used in the program’s Nelson Hall classrooms on NC State University’s main campus in Raleigh. Itprovides a kitchenette, reception area, wireless Internet services, phone service in all offices and conference rooms, and modern design to meet the needs of business students.
- The Jenkins MBA program’s previous RTP campus was located at 104 T.W. Alexander Drive in Research Triangle Park.
- The NC State Jenkins MBA program has been offering evening classes in the RTP since 2006, as an extension of its part-time MBA program, located in Nelson Hall on the NC State campus in Raleigh. This part-time program is customized to accommodate the busy professional’s schedule and to help those seeking to advance their careers within their companies or to prepare for new opportunities. The flexible evening MBA program can be completed in less than three years.
About Jenkins Graduate School of Management:
The Jenkins Graduate School of Management is part of the North Carolina State University College of Management in Raleigh, N.C. In addition to the Jenkins MBA program, it offers graduate programs in accounting and economics. The Jenkins MBA program was established in 2002 to provide graduate management education with an emphasis on technology and innovation. Its real world approach to learning brings students, top educators and professionals together in a research and technology focused environment that supports the knowledge, skills and leadership development needed for today’s global marketplace. The Jenkins MBA program offers concentrations in biosciences management, entrepreneurship and technology commercialization, financial management, innovation management, marketing management, services management and consulting, and supply chain management for both full- and part-time students. Consistently rated among the top 75 MBA programs, the Jenkins MBA continues to receive national and international attention for its commitment to quality education and research. For more information, visit http://mgt.ncsu.edu/mba/.
MMI Public Relations