Newburyport, MA, November 04, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- eZuce Inc. now delivers the first open unified communications solution that empowers Nortel customers to upgrade their existing (IP) PBX systems step-by-step and one location at a time, preserving their original IT investment. eZuce has established best practices for openUC installations and integration within existing Nortel enterprise environments. An example is Cedarville University in Ohio, where eZuce completed phase 1 of a Nortel Meridian-1 Option 81c replacement project.
Depending on the customer environment, a system upgrade to a new openUC solution is priced equal to or less than the cost of an upgrade of the existing system to the latest release. For enterprises the new system offers lower operating and support costs and provides a comprehensive and modern integrated collaboration user experience enabling the customer to leverage next generation UC technology.
As a software solution, openUC represents an open alternative to Microsoft Lync and brings enhanced features and technologies into the enterprise environment including HD voice, video, instant messaging, unified presence, conferencing, collaboration, unified messaging, and mobility. eZuce openUC can be deployed in a centralized data center, eliminating the old paradigm requiring one PBX per building, and can be delivered as Communications as a Service (CaaS). By converting to the eZuce openUC platform Nortel users have a forward migration path and strategy for embracing future communication technologies and maximizing their current investments.
eZuce openUC offers Nortel users the flexibility and options to expand their communication capabilities by:
· Offering single branch upgrades one at a time or step-by-step without changing existing dial plans.
· Eliminating bottlenecks and improving resiliency and performance by routing traffic directly from the ingress point to the feature server.
· Enabling SIP trunking as a cost-effective way to connect to the PSTN.
· Delivering single number reachability, find-me / follow-me, simultaneous ring, local dialing from smartphones and other fixed mobile convergence (FMC) features at no extra cost.
· Allowing remote workers to seamlessly get connected where ever they work.
· Adding enterprise class Instant Messaging, Presence, and Collaboration.
“With eZuce open communications our Nortel customers can now afford to easily upgrade their existing IP PBXs and leverage the advanced unified communication features their users have been requesting. We view eZuce as the forward migration path for many of our Nortel customers and this has led to several migration opportunities for our company.”
- Gary Scroggs, Managing Partner, Innovational IP Solutions LLC
About eZuce, Inc.
eZuce, Inc. delivers open enterprise communications based on the standards established by the SIPfoundry community. It is the first company to provide a software only solution to enable Unified Communications-as-a-Service as the platform for next-generation, open UC architecture. For more information about eZuce, please visit our Web site at http://www.ezuce.com
You can also follow eZuce online through our official corporate social networking sites:
Connect2 Communications, for eZuce, Inc.