London, United Kingdom, November 12, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- SMEStorage has announced the release of iSMEStorage 2 for the Apple App Store. iSMEStorage is a universal application so it works on both the iPad and iPhone and supports over 15 Storage Clouds in a unified cloud file system view. The numbers of clouds you can use is dependent on the user plan with SMEStorage.
iSMEStorage 2 has added many new features based on user feedback. These include:
- Enhanced local File Manager support which includes being able to turn the App into an FTP Server to upload local files, and the ability to cut and paste local files into different locations from directly within the App. Local files can now also be emailed as attachments.
- An Enhanced Cloud File Manager which now features File Actions for quick access to frequently used cloud file features such as link generation, download, and view.
- Enhanced Memo / Notes / Voice Notes capability which now includes the ability to create local folders to file notes, and also the ability to sync notes back to any one of up to 15 different storage clouds, including DropBox, Google Docs, Amazon S3, SKyDrive and RackSpace Cloud files.
- Enhanced Cloud files to iPad/iPhone synchronisation. As requested we've now enabled users to select folders from any Storage cloud supported and sync this with the iPhone or iPad.
This means, for example, users can nominate an Amazon S3 folder for Sync to the device and then later nominate a Google Docs folder and sync it also to the device. Users can add more directories from different clouds and swap between these as many times as needed. Also users can cut and paste local files into sync directories, and sync such files back up to the cloud.
- Support for FileBox: FileBox enables you to email files directly to your nominated cloud.
Also all users who purchase iSMEStorage until the end of 2010 can apply to have CloudDav enabled on their account. CloudDav enables any cloud that SMEStorage support through its Gateway technology to be accessible from WebDav. This includes storage clouds that don't have a native WebDav layer, including Google Docs, DropBox, Microsoft SkyDrive, and Amazon S3.
Users just need to email SMEStorage with a screenshot of iSMEStorage which has their login name and CloudDav will be enabled.
What users are saying about iSMEStorage:
"My new must-have"
"Cool App for Storing Files"
"Good App for File Storage"
"Powerful, easy to use""
"Nice app for viewing all my cloud files on the iPhone"
"This App gives my a business overlay for my S3 files"
CEO Ian Osborne commented, "With our enhanced version of the iPhone and iPad App we are again pushing the boundaries of what information you can get access to with todays mobile technology, and what you can then do with it. Cohesively accessing disparate cloud information stores is one of the biggest challenges we are going to face as more and more of our information is stored on Cloud. iSMEStorage puts the Cloud in your pocket."