Bedford, MA, September 07, 2005 --(PR.com
)-- Stylus Studio (http://www.stylusstudio.com), the industry-leading provider of XML development tools for advanced data integration, today announced the release of a new educational video for the XML community. The new video demonstrates how to set up bi-directional data mapping using Stylus Studio adapter URLs to get any legacy data format, for example, EDI, into XML, then how to propagate changes made to the XML file back to the original EDI source file. "Bi-directional EDI to XML Mapping Using Stylus Studio Adapters" is the third installment of the Convert to XML series which covers various data integration topics involving flat files or other legacy data formats. The new video is free and can be viewed at: http://www.stylusstudio.com/learn_convert_to_xml.html#adapters
Stylus Studio®: On Demand and In Demand
Stylus Studio is committed to providing free educational materials in addition to our innovative and productive XML tools, to give the XML community to give them the edge they need to be successful in their everyday work. The combination of the Stylus Studio XML IDE and our growing library of free XML resources, tutorials, whitepapers, video demonstrations, and industry interviews can greatly simplify advanced XML development challenges. The new online video demonstration covers the following topics:
• How to use Stylus Studio's Adapter URL technologies to convert EDI to XML and back again.
• Converting an EDI data model to XML Schema with the EDIFACT to XML Schema wizard.
• Overview of the built-in XML Converters for working with hundreds of different EDI formats.
• Customizing the way EDI segments are converted to XML in Stylus Studio.
• Converting the EDI 96A Message Type to an XML document.
• Using the Stylus Studio XSLT Mapper to get the converted XML into a more formal XML standard.
• Using the EDIFACT to XML Schema wizard to generate an XML Schema based on the EDI 96A Message Schema.
• Configuring the EDIFACT to XML Schema Wizard.
• Browsing a converted EDIFACT data model in the XML Schema Editor.
• Validating a converted EDI document against an XML Schema.
• Using Stylus Studio's adapter URL to write back changes made to the XML into its original EDI format (round-trip conversion).
• Customizing the display options in the XSLT mapper.
About Stylus Studio®
Stylus Studio®, a product from DataDirect Technologies, an operating company of Progress Software Corporation, is the industry's most innovative XML IDE providing advanced support for XML and its related technologies: XSL, XSLT, XML Schema, DTD, SOAP, WSDL, SQL/XML, XML mapping and XQuery. Used by leading software developers world-wide, Stylus Studio simplifies XML programming and enhances developer productivity through innovation. For more information, visit: http://www.stylusstudio.com
Stylus Studio is a trademark of Progress Software Corporation in the U.S. Any other trademarks or service marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
For More Information:
Public Relations Manager, Stylus Studio