Denver Public Relations Consulting Firm, Absolutely PR, Owner Now Profiled By Home Office Weekly
Colorado public relations consultant, Maggie Chamberlin Holben, APR, owner and founder of Metro Denver’s Absolutely Public Relations, is now profiled by Home Office Weekly. Holben connected with HOW editor, Marcia Duffy, through PR Newswire’s Profnet system via the query titled: “Successful Home Businesses.” Duffy was looking for successful home-business owners to interview for a column called "Home Office Weekly Profiles."
http://www.homeofficeweekly.com/HOW-Profiles/Maggie-Holben-PR-Consultant.html. Holben connected with editor, Marcia Duffy, through PR Newswire’s Profnet system via the query entitled: “Successful Home Businesses.” Duffy was looking for successful home-business owners to interview for a column called "Home Office Weekly Profiles."
“This is just another example of many successful connections achieved through active participation in the Profnet community,” says Holben. “As a subscriber, I receive six ‘feeds of leads’ a day and use the information to help in the media awareness process for my clients. As evident, I consider Absolutely PR as much an active client as the organizations who contract for Absolutely PR services.”
ProfNet (https://profnet.prnewswire.com) was created in 1992 to connect reporters easily and quickly with expert sources. Absolutely PR has been a Profnet subscriber for the past five years.
Absolutely PR specializes in media relations. Last month, Holben recapped these 2006 yearend successes/results:
* Baxa Corporation’s media relations campaign, begun in 2003 and managed by Absolutely PR, has exceeded 19 million in circulation reach and more than $420,000 in dollar value based on ad value equivalency metrics. Absolutely PR is participating in its fifth media relations contract with Baxa Corporation for consulting services in 2007.
* Absolutely PR continued representing a Fortune 500/ S&P 500 ranked company for Colorado and Denver editorial localization. Midyear Wyoming, Utah, New Mexico and Kansas were added to Absolutely PR’s area of focus for the national concern. In 2006, 22 placements were achieved locally for the organization, including coverage on Newsradio 850 KOA and CBS 4 Denver for an August event. Absolutely PR also handled the launch for the company’s new auto insurance product in Colorado in late November. Placements for the auto insurance rollout were achieved in the Denver Business Journal Online, dBusinessNews Denver, Denver Post, Boulder Daily Camera, Colorado Springs Gazette, Pueblo Chieftain, Loveland Daily Reporter Herald and The Business Times of Western Colorado.
* In Holben’s role as a board member of the Colorado Bioscience Association (CBSA), she continued as chair of the association’s Communications Committee and assisted with media relations efforts for the organization. In 2006, 113 placements were recorded for CBSA (up from 28 in 2005). The 2006 CBSA media relations campaign exceeded 7 million in circulation reach and more than $94,000 in dollar value based on ad value equivalency metrics.
* Holben was named CBSA “Partner of the Year” at the annual awards dinner held in August in conjunction with the 2006 BioWest Conference & Expo. In presentation remarks, Rob Reuteman business editor of the Rocky Mountain News and master of ceremonies for the event. shared these comments on behalf of CBSA: “Holben, founder of Absolutely Public Relations, has worked tirelessly to promote the Colorado bioscience industry message to local and national media. Holben works her public relations magic to promote coverage of Colorado events and industry news. Moreover, she chairs the CBSA Communications Committee, serves on the CBSA Board of Directors, and helps to organize incoming press delegations. She coordinates the industry’s media initiatives with CBSA partners, such as the Metro Denver Economic Development Corporation. As a media consultant, Holben represents several of Colorado’s leading bioscience companies. Due to Holben’s professionalism and effort, Colorado’s bioscience industry isn’t such a secret anymore.”
* Further in 2006, Maggie Holben was interviewed and quoted as a PR expert by the Rocky Mountain News in an article about Congressman Tom Tancredo and using controversy as a PR tactic. Holben’s expert profile and related links are found at http://expert411.com/_wsn/page2.html.
* Holben also wrote the bylined article, “Effectively using PR tactics: Seven tips to boost brand awareness,” for the ColoradoBiz Magazine’s online “Your Biz” section: http://www.cobizmag.com/articles.asp?id=1296.
* Holben’s PR articles are also posted on the national Evan Carmichael "Motivation and Strategies for Entrepreneurs" website, found at http://www.evancarmichael.com/Public-Relations/239/summary.php.
Absolutely Public Relations has been in business since April 1999. Clients include: Baxa Corporation, Englewood, CO; Colorado Bioscience Association, Denver, CO; a Fortune 500/ S&P 500 ranked company (for the Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, New Mexico and Kansas area): and Holben Building Corporation, Denver, CO. The company maintains several websites to maximize exposure and attract media attention for contracted and indemnified clients. These sites include:
For more information about Absolutely Public Relations, go to http://www.absolutelypr.com. For further information about Maggie Chamberlin Holben go to http://www.maggieholben.com or call 303-984-9801.
Maggie Chamberlin Holben, APR, CIARP