Atlanta, GA, March 23, 2011 --(PR.com
)-- “Social Media: How Insurers Can Strengthen Sales, Improve Member Health and Avoid Privacy Risks”
AIS Media announced today that CEO, Thomas Harpointner co-presented on Tuesday March 22 at 1:00 p.m. (EST), at a webinar titled: “Social Media: How Insurers Can Strengthen Sales, Improve Member Health and Avoid Privacy Risks.”
Harpointner was joined by Lynde O’Brien, Director of Social Media Marketing at Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC), the largest customer-owned health insurer in the United States and fourth largest health plan operator in the nation, and co-presenter Kelly Kimberland, director of social marketing at Pennsylvania-based UPMC Health Plan, Inc.
“I’m honored with the opportunity to have share my digital and social media marketing insight on this very timely and relevant topic,” says Thomas Harpointner, AIS Media CEO. "Social media offers health insurers a fantastic opportunity to increase brand awareness, engage customers, increase loyalty and ignite advocacy. Recognizing that the ability to measure social media’s impact and return on investment (ROI) are top objectives, it was my goal to have provided a clear business case for social media and explore both qualitative and quantitative methods of measuring ROI."
The webinar covered the following topics:
· Why does traditional marketing on its own produce limited results?
· How can social media co-exist with more traditional marketing efforts?
· Where to start with your social media marketing integration?
· Who should do the facebooktweeterlinkedinblogging? Who should monitor customer feedback?
· What’s the best way to determine a return on investment with Social Marketing? And what sort of ROI should insurers expect?
· Which social media outlets are most effective? And which are a waste of time?
· Why might YouTube videos be the most effective way to reach and educate brokers and agents?
· Why do insurers and TPAs (third party administrators) need to build an online awareness among members?
· How can blogs be used to improve member health? And who should do the blogging?
· What can be done to ensure your efforts — including comments made by members and visitors — don’t improperly disclose PHI and violate HIPAA?
The webinar was produced by Atlantic Information Systems’ Health Plan Week and moderated by its managing editor, Steve Davis. The webinar was designed for:
· Health plan sales and marketing executives, product development managers, chief operating officers, compliance directors and market researchers, public affairs staff and customer service leaders
· Insurance agents and brokers
· Third-party administrators
· Pharmaceutical company executives and marketers
· Provider group CEOs, administrators and directors of managed care contracting
About AIS Media
Founded in 1997, AIS Media (http://www.aismedia.com) is an award-winning digital engagement agency that connects businesses and brands with customers through innovative digital & social media marketing that dramatically increases brand awareness, drives sales and increases customer loyalty. AIS Media’s competencies include digital and social media strategy, creative design, search, email and social media marketing. AIS Media delivers its services directly and through its network of independent consultants and agency partners throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico.