Newburyport, MA, April 27, 2011 --(PR.com
)-- eZuce Inc., the leading provider of open unified communications for the enterprise market enabling social business and collaboration, today announces Microsoft Outlook 2010 integration now available for eZuce openUCTM Version 4.4. eZuce openUCTM enterprise provides an open alternative to the Microsoft platform enabling customers to experience advanced unified communications functionality for a fraction of the cost compared to traditional IP PBX systems.
The eZuce Outlook integration solution unlocks all the unified communications capabilities of Outlook 2010 without requiring the use of a Microsoft server backend. Customers can experience the full unified communications experience for presence, instant messaging, unified messaging and voicemail, video, and conferencing leveraging email solutions from different vendors including Google Mail, Microsoft Exchange, Open-Xchange, or other compatible email platforms.
eZuce openUCTM software delivers flexibility to enterprises that have standardized on Microsoft as well as almost any other messaging platform as the eZuce openUC solution can integrate within different IT environments leveraging its SIP Service Oriented Architecture (SSOA). With eZuce open communications enterprises can benefit from best of breed technologies and repurpose IT investments as the eZuce platform is vendor agnostic, resulting in significant cost savings in comparison to proprietary systems such as Microsoft’s “walled garden approach”, which limits user options.
eZuce openUCTM Enterprise V4.4 unlocks several advanced features and capabilities within Microsoft Outlook 2010 including:
- Presence Status - loads Avatar images and enables you to set your presence status manually or create customized presence messages, with the ability to display your current phone status as unified presence
-- Instant presence – displays presence for senders of email or contacts and allows immediate initiation of different communications modes, including email, call, video and chat
-- Phonebook integration – automated synchronization of the global address list and user phone books with full contact details and avatars
- Voicemail Integration- manages voicemail messages from Outlook using a unified inbox and allows to easily listen to your messages directly from Outlook wherever you’re working
- Extended Calling Features- shows missed calls including name of the caller, click to call functionality, lists alternate contact information with reverse phone lookup, and marks contacts as favorites for quick lookup
- Call Transfer- highlights the name of contacts or anyone in your list for easy connections every time
- Scheduling/Calendar- initiates new conference calls and create invites in Outlook with embedded links to the conference line including automatic soft phone launch, and manage your conference calls
- Instant Messaging Integration- set your IM status, check status of contacts with the ability to email, chat, or call contacts using a single click
- Conferencing- flexibility to manage your personal conference bridge by transferring contacts into your bridge, isolate and disconnect specified contacts, and managing your conferences by interacting with audio, mute or unmute, and isolate audio
The eZuce Outlook integration does not require a softphone but instead offers extended flexibility to pair with the user’s preferred device, including a desk phone, smart or mobile phone, or a softphone.
“eZuce openUC enables enterprises to readily integrate with Microsoft Outlook 2010 so users can easily communicate and collaborate resulting in improved employee productivity while lowering overall operational costs and delivering the best available user experience.”
- Martin Steinmann, CEO and Co-Founder, eZuce Inc.
About eZuce, Inc.
eZuce, Inc. delivers open communications enabling social business and collaboration designed for mid to large enterprises. eZuce serves as the commercial support entity and primary contributor sponsoring SIPfoundry and the sipXecs open source project. It is the first company to provide a SIP-based software only solution to enable Unified Communications-as-a-Service as the platform for next-generation, open UC architecture. For more information about eZuce, please visit our Web site at http://www.ezuce.com
You can also follow eZuce online through our official corporate social networking sites:
Connect2 Communications, for eZuce, Inc.