Montreal, Canada, May 12, 2011 --(PR.com
)-- Averna, an industry-leading developer of test solutions and services for communications and electronics device makers worldwide, announces the availability of the URT-5000, a software-defined RF player and multi-protocol signal generator. The Averna URT-5000 is engineered to optimize the design validation and manufacturing test of RF receivers.
For validation of software protocol stacks, demodulator designs and embedded software, RF signal generation provides a predictable and repeatable method to create test signals and scenarios to ensure adequate test coverage. Going beyond simple commercial broadcast transmitters, the Averna URT-5000 signal generator and toolkits enable the addition and fine adjustment of common impairments to the signal.
· Support all common Navigation and Broadcast Radio protocols covering all functions of the receiver with a single tool.
· Software-defined instrument to adapt to new and ever-changing protocols without additional spending on new hardware.
· Playback of real-world signals recorded with Averna R&P platform to reproduce real- world conditions that are too complex to simulate.
· Real-time signal generation for long-running lifecycle tests like HALT (Highly Accelerated Life Test) and HASS (Highly Accelerated Stress Screen).
· Synchronize units to support multiple channels.
· Easy to use interface to generate signals quickly and intuitively.
· Complete API for remotely automating all control of the instrument.
· Front-access hot-swappable hard disc drives for maximum convenience.
"The need to design, validate, test and support constantly evolving navigation and broadcast radio receivers in an economical and timely manner, has always been a real challenge, comments Benoit Fleury, VP of Product Management and Development for Averna’s Instrumentation Division. "The URT-5000 has been designed to optimize and simplify the design validation and manufacturing test of increasingly complex RF receivers. It also doubles as a player for real-world RF signals captured in the field with Averna Record & Playback technology, leading to enhanced test coverage without adding lengthy field trials."
URT-5000 Software defined RF Player and Signal Generator
The Averna URT-5000 is an RF signal source that utilizes Averna’s protocol-specific signal generation toolkits and signal libraries to generate and impair common Navigation and Broadcast Radio signals for receiver design validation, testing, production and support. Complementing traditional signal generation, the Averna URT-5000 supports RF playback of real life signals that are often too complex to generate.
Pricing and Availability
Averna delivers industry-leading test solutions and services for communications and electronics device makers worldwide, accelerating product development and driving innovation. Averna’s automated test equipment (ATE), award-winning Proligent enterprise test platform and state-of-the-art RF test instruments overcome global test and manufacturing challenges while ensuring major benefits – from design through production.