Zebulon, NC, May 21, 2011 --(PR.com
)-- The Carolina Mudcats (http://www.carolinamudcats.com), Wake County’s hometown professional baseball team, has announced the team’s back-to-back home series starting Friday, May 20 through Tuesday, May 24 against the Chattanooga Lookouts, followed by the Birmingham Barons starting Wednesday, May 25 through Sunday, May 29. All games scheduled on Monday through Friday have start times of 7:15 p.m. The Saturday games both start at 6:15 p.m. and the Sunday games are scheduled for 2 p.m. The Mudcats will host several promotions throughout the 10-game stretch.
Friday Night Fireworks, presented by Traveler’s Insurance and Moore & Johnson Agency, will follow the completion of the games on May 20 and 27. For the May 20 game, fans can celebrate the Philanthropy Friday Book Drive, presented by the Literary Council of Wake County, by bringing two new or gently used books to the game in order to receive a box seat ticket at half price. Books in need at the Literacy Council include those for children under 5 and for teenagers. Five County Stadium will feature its Local Heroes Night as well.
Saturday, May 21 is Armed Forces Day at Five County Stadium, featuring an appearance by the SweetRight Brothers.
At the conclusion of both Sunday games on May 22 and 29, the team will host the Kids Run the Bases event. May 22 also marks Muddy Buddy Book Club night at the ballpark. Fans can enjoy the Play Catch on the Field event which starts at noon on May 29 when the gates open.
Kraft Singles Tuesday Night Tickets is scheduled for May 24. Fans may buy one ticket and get one free from KRAFT Singles with purchase by bring a package wrapper to the game. Visit http://www.kraftsingles.com for more info. Exclusions apply. May 24 will be a Dollar Dogs Day as well.
The game scheduled for May 25 will feature 2 for 1 Wednesdays, presented by Food Lion. During all Wednesday home games, buy one box seat ticket and get the second box seat ticket for free, subject to availability.
May 26 is Thirsty Thursday, presented by Natty Greene’s Brewing Company. Twelve-ounce Pepsi products are $1 and 16-ounce domestic draft beers costs only $2.
Yogi Bear will make appearances during the May 27, May 28 and May 29 games, presented by Time Warner Cable.
Saturday, May 28 will be an umbrella giveaway, presented by Miller Lite, for ages 21 years and older.
“With great deals and promotions every night for 10 consecutive home games, the Mudcats look forward to seeing our fans make Five County Stadium their destination for family fun and entertainment, including those who will be in the area celebrating Memorial Day weekend,” said Mudcats president Steve Bryant. “We hope to see all our fans out enjoying the warm weather and rooting on Muddy and the Mudcats.”
New Media Content:
Mudcats Facebook page
Mudcats Twitter page
- The Chattanooga Lookouts are the Double-A affiliate of the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- The Birmingham Barons are the Double-A affiliate of the Chicago White Sox.
- Tickets can be purchased in a variety of ways: online at http://www.carolinamudcats.com, via the Mudcats box office at (919) 269-2287 and in person at Five County Stadium. Fans may use cash, checks or any major credit cards (Visa, American Express, MasterCard, Discover). For all online sales or via phone, credit cards must be used.
- Tickets are available for all 70 regular season home games through Sept. 5. Regular season ticket prices are as follows: $12.50 Cattails Restaurant, $11 Premium Field-Level, $10 Box Seats, $9 Reserved Field Level and $6 General Admission. In addition to single game tickets, package plans including season tickets are still available.
- The Mudcats offer a $1 ticket discount for children (7-12), senior citizens (65+) and military personnel in the Box Seats, Reserved Field Level and General Admission sections.
- Children (ages 4-6) receive discounted tickets for $3 in the General Admission, Reserved Field Level and Box Seats. Children ages 3 and below receive complimentary General Admission tickets, Reserved Field Level and Box Seats if a seat is required. These discounts and complimentary offers do not apply to Premium Field level and Cattails Restaurant and may not be purchased online.
About the Carolina Mudcats:
The Carolina Mudcats is Wake County’s hometown professional baseball team, located in Zebulon, N.C. The Double-A affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds, the Mudcats play in the North Division of the Southern League at home in Five County Stadium off U.S. 264 near Franklin, Johnston, Nash and Wilson counties. The Mudcats have been an established minor-league fan favorite in Raleigh, Cary, Garner, Rocky Mount, Wilson, Smithfield, Clayton, Louisburg, Wake Forest and surrounding towns and communities since 1991. Offering everything from fireworks to weekly promotions and group event nights from April through September, with seating ranging from inexpensive general admission to luxury suite rentals, the Carolina Mudcats provide a fun and exciting afternoon or evening of entertainment for casual and hardcore baseball fans alike that makes Five County Stadium “The Family Place” to be in Wake County. For more information, call (919) 269-2287 or visit http://www.carolinamudcats.com.
MMI Public Relations