Wilmington, DE, May 25, 2011 --(PR.com
)-- The You’ve been Sentenced! word game was recently honored with a Parent’s Choice Award (www dot Parents-Choice dot org) for Spring 2011. Established in 1978, Parents’ Choice is the nation's oldest nonprofit guide to quality children's media and toys.
Diana Huss Green established Parents’ Choice Foundation on the following three beliefs: reading is the key for children to the world's histories, literatures, arts and sciences; accomplishment is essential to self-esteem; and learning requires discipline. The Foundation's mission is to provide parents with reliable unbiased information about tools to help their children learn, to explore new challenges, to discuss ideas and to pursue dreams.
According to the Parent’s Choice review of You’ve been Sentenced! by Don Oldenburg, “Educationally, the game reinforces skills in sentence structure, grammar, vocabulary, spelling and overall language. In terms of pure fun, if you have the right players, this can be a loud and funny blast of smart gaming.”
Since its creation in 2005, the You’ve Been Sentenced! game has been recognized by both the gaming and education communities and is the recipient of numerous awards. In addition to the Parent’s Choice Award, You’ve been Sentenced! has been recognized with the following honors:
* Creative Child Magazine, Seal of Excellence
* Dr. Toy Best Products
* Oppenheim Toy Portfolio, Gold Seal Award
* Spewgie Award, Best Family Fun Game
* iParenting Media Hot Product Award
* FAO Schwarz Toy Auditions, Winner
* National Parenting Seal of Approval
* Mr. Dad Seal of Approval
* George Lucas Educational Foundation's Edutopia magazine, Hot Media for Educators
* MENSA Society's Parenting for High Potential magazine, Resource Roundup Pick
* Scholastic Instructor Magazine Teachers Pick Best of 2009
* Tillywig 2010 Laugh Out Loud Fun Award
McNeill Designs products are distributed internationally throughout the USA as well as in New Zealand, Singapore, Thailand, Australia, and Canada. For a comprehensive store locator, please visit www dot McNeillDesigns dot com.
For more information about McNeill Designs, its products, and people, or to request a media sample, please contact Susan McNeill at 302-478-2757 or visit www McNeillDesigns dot com.