Newton, MA, May 26, 2011 --(PR.com
)-- Today At-Hand Apps introduced the first personalized travel planner, New England Day Trips At-Hand, an advanced iPhone app with an intuitive interface and results that are unique to each traveler.
“Leave your tour guide books and old generation apps at home,” asserts Robert Gray, At-Hand Apps, Executive Director. “It’s your day. It’s your trip. Build it with a few screen touches. Create a weekend escape, a fun day with the kids, or a day immersed in art. Incorporate the things you love. Modify your trip real-time as the day evolves, plans change, or weather intervenes. You are the pulsing blue dot on your At-Hand route map. You are using the first full Location-Based Service for day trip travel.”
New England Day Trips At-Hand’s is based on broad and deep “insider” knowledge.
· Explore in the city or venture out anywhere across all of New England: Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Connecticut, and Rhode Island.
· Capture the must-sees, the hidden gems, or the unusual. They are all “At-Hand.”
· Discover the places that satisfy special passions and interests.
Research travel options with New England Day Trips At-Hand ’s trustworthy, consistent, and convenient destination descriptions.
· Get the flavor and succinct specifics of the destination experience.
· Imagine being there through high-resolution photos.
· Verify cost level, amenities, quality ratings, and physical difficulty with graphic icons for surprise-free tours.
· Have the added security of a GPS location that is accurate to entrance or parking lot and the full support of a highlighted point-to-point navigation route map.
· Access more depth and current events with one-touch screen actions to destination web web sites, telephone help, and visual map location.
Users search, select and aggregate, making unique itineraries fast, easy and fun.
· Satisfy passions and interests by searching on free-form, multi-word combinations.
· Find “contemporary art,” “Revolutionary War,” “Boston water adventure”, or any other unique interest.
· Experiment for a day with “Recommended Itineraries” for day trip tours, At-Hand’s best ideas for days of discovery and exploration.
· Focus on the fun and experience of destinations. On-screen navigation routes guide travelers from place to place.
Users master day trips with personal favorites and customized trips that are always “At-Hand.”
· Return to favorite destination descriptions anytime while planning or on a trip.
· See the custom itinerary list even in areas without cell service.
· Review favorite interest search results, so next-trip planning is easy.
· Share destinations At-Hand so fellow travelers, family, or friends are also in-the-know.
· Benefit automatically from New England Day Trip’s continuously expanded and improved destination list with no fee and no delay.
· More discoveries, more explorations, more fun. More of how day trips should be.
Morgan Stanley predicts that access to the Internet through smart mobile devices will exceed personal computers by 2014. New England Day Trips At-Hand anticipates this evolution and leads into a future norm using apps that transform personal domains of living.
New England Day Trips At-Hand is the beginning in a series of regional and specialized “At-Hand” firsts, celebrating the discovery and exploration of America for families and travelers. Future application releases will offer expanded walking and biking itineraries, user-favorite itineraries, and one-touch access to destination event information.
Price and Availability
New England Day Trips At-Hand is priced at $7.99 from the iTunes App Store and is available now. Additional product detail, a demo simulation, and media support are available at http://www.DayTripsAtHand.com.
About At-Hand Apps
At-Hand Apps, LLC is the leader in creating and marketing travel location-centric mobile software architectures and applications. The company’s innovative business model is a new work structure for industry veterans as worker co-op members. At-Hand Apps is a virtual, digitally-connected organization, with foundation members in the greater Boston area. Products are based on trustworthy content from experienced staff and editors. They are the result of having fun. A-ha!
Press Contact: Robert Gray
At-Hand Apps, LLC