ResumeEdge’s Resume Services Team Lists “Top Five Ways to Successfully Network” During a Job Search
Networking is an important element in an effective job search. The resume services team from ResumeEdge, a leading online provider of resume writing services, today released a new resource, “Top Five Ways to Successfully Network,” that is positioned to help job seekers embrace the art of networking in person and online.
“Whether at a social event or online, networking is a fantastic way to expand your reach and open doors to new opportunities,” said Nina Freier, Director of ResumeEdge. “However, just like in resume writing, job seekers should consider all the nuances of networking to effectively position themselves.”
ResumeEdge’s “Top Five Ways to Successfully Network” are:
1. Build an online presence on sites like Facebook and LinkedIn. Post updates, share relevant information pertaining to your field and appear approachable but not aggressive in your job search. Join groups and make sure you indicate in your profile that you are looking for a new opportunity. Social media sites offer services to job seekers; check them out to see if they may be helpful to your job search.
2. Talk to everyone you know about your career situation and goals and don't overlook family members, neighbors and the coach of your kid’s little league team as potential leads for new opportunities. Solicit suggestions and ask whom they may know in the field/position you’re pursuing. Ask for contact information and make calls to set up informational interviews and in-person meetings.
3. Connect with former colleagues and professional contacts to see if you can help one another. Attend professional association and service organization meetings and mention your search during the mingling and networking sessions.
4. Reach out to alumni from your alma mater (post-grad, undergrad and high school). This crosses the boundaries of traditional networking and social media since so many schools have online communities and sites like LinkedIn to help connect graduates. Contact your college's alumni association and attend local events.
5. Network in person and online through friendly, informal conversations, not agenda-ridden dialogue. In fact, one way is to offer help to your network. Since networking is a two-way street, be available to help others. Offer assistance in promoting your network's businesses by recommending them or hiring them yourself.
“Overall, be respectful of your friends’ time,” Freier said. “If you reach out to your network with sincerity, authenticity and a little humility, it will go a long way.”
For assistance crafting a resume and cover letter, contact ResumeEdge, a company that specializes in professional resume services. The certified resume specialists at ResumeEdge embrace the art of resume writing and are instrumental in helping job seekers connect with hiring professionals.
To learn more about ResumeEdge’s resume writing service, resume editing services and career resources, visit ResumeEdge.com.
ResumeEdge (www.resumeedge.com) is the leading provider of resume writing services online and has partnered with Yahoo! HotJobs, CareerJournal and Dice.com. The website and resume writing blog provide industry-leading resources for job seekers. ResumeEdge's hand-picked team of resume writers specializes in 40 different industries to provide the highest quality resume and cover letter services available. ResumeEdge provides a variety of professional resume services that help job seekers land their dream jobs.