Kansas City, MO, July 15, 2011 --(PR.com
)-- Zaarly – the app that lets you buy and sell with the people around you – is now available in the Android Marketplace. In its first 30 days, Zaarly facilitated more than $1 million in listings, everything from requesting a wedding singer to building a custom tree house to designing a website, as well as the chance to ride in a sports car. Professional services -- such as house cleaning, car repair, landscaping, and interior design -- are among the most popular Zaarly requests.
The new, free app includes the following features:
• Sign up for Zaarly within the app
• “My Activity Tab” tracks all past, and pending and completed Zaarlys
• Message anonymously within the app or via text if the app is closed. All conversations are archived.
• All web and android activity are aligned which allows users to switch from their app to the web and vice-versa.
• Browse nearby listings by using the compass button
• Like the new standard web (www.zaarly.com) platform, Android users can post listings for up to a week.
The app also incorporates the standard Android buttons:
• The back arrow button can help users quit or go back a page
• The options button allows users to view their activity, post a Zaarly, Browse Zaarlys, go to the homepage and logout
• The search button lets you browse listings with keywords (e.g. Lawn services, refrigerator and singer)
Zaarly combines location, ecommerce, in-app messaging and mobile payments. Zaarly technologies include custom-built geo-location, anonymous text/calling functionality, search, and secure payment integration. A version is also available in the iTunes App Store.
“This summer, we’re really focused on experimenting with our users to discover the future of local commerce,” said Bo Fishback, CEO and founder of Zaarly. “We’re thrilled that Android users will now be able to join us and participate in local buying and selling.”
The Android release comes on the heels of Zaarly’s recent “summer fun” announcement. In the fall, Zaarly plans to open an office in the city with the most active community of users. To sign up for Zaarly -- and to begin buying and selling -- download the app today.
Zaarly is a platform that allows users to easily get the goods, services, and experiences they want. With Zaarly, people can post what they want, when they want it and what price they are willing to pay and someone in the Zaarly community can fulfill it. This two-way, community-powered process provides convenience and flexibility to buyers while allowing sellers to make money fulfilling requests from the people around them. Zaarly is based in San Francisco, CA and is backed by investors, including Ashton Kutcher, Felicis Ventures, Bill Lee, Naval Ravikant, Lightbank, SV Angel, Paul Buchheit, Thrive Capital and Michael Arrington. Zaarly is currently available on the web, mobile web, iPhone and Android application. Visit www.zaarly.com for more information.