Steamboat Springs, CO, March 27, 2007 --(PR.com
)-- Business people can discover the many advantages of telepresence, a new high-tech communications alternative to traveling for face-to-face meetings with customers, suppliers and staff and other essential partners, at the Telepresence World 2007 conference, June 4-6, at the University of San Diego, San Diego, CA.
Organized by Hemisphere Expo Services, Inc. (HESI), this landmark conference will feature internationally recognized telecommunications experts who will thoroughly profile the art and science of telepresence. Its advantages include significant reductions in travel costs, improved business productivity, and elimination of travel induced stress.
“Telepresence offers the most realistic meeting experience possible between people separated by distance,” says Mark Barounos, President of HESI, “This technology represents a new paradigm in the way humans relate to one another and their surroundings. It will vastly simplify the way virtual collaboration takes place. Telepresence World 2007 represents a tremendous opportunity for all of the players, including vendors, corporations, and end-users to evaluate solutions at the beginning of this communications revolution.”
“You have to experience it to believe it” is often heard when describing how telepresence works. Attendees of Telepresence World 2007 will have the unique opportunity to participate in live, real-time demonstrations of telepresence technology provided by industry leaders and event sponsors Polycom, Teliris, Cisco, DVE, the BT Group, Masergy, the CIOIndex, CXO America, and the International Multimedia and Collaborative Communications Alliance (IMCCA).
Conference speakers will explore a wide range of topics and telepresence applications, from management of the global enterprise via telepresence to the creation of merger & acquisition (M&A) data rooms to mobile productivity and telecommuting. Another discussion that promises to attract attention is how telepresence can reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Attendees can select specific tracks to tailor their conference experience to their areas of professional interest.
The meeting and adjacent Partner Pavilion exhibition will be covered by an invited corps of journalists. Additional press inquiries are welcome. For a complete listing of conference speakers, sessions, and events see: http://www.telepresenceworld.com.
Featured speakers include:
* Bob Hagerty, CEO & Chairman of the Board of Directors, Polycom
* Marc Trachtenberg, Chief Executive Office, Teliris,
* Carol Zelkin, Executive Director, IMCCA
* Kent Lowell, BT Group
* Steve McNelley, Co-founder, DVE Telepresence
* Barry D. Nalls, CEO, MASERGY
* Howard S. Lichtman, President, Human Productivity Lab (HPL)
* Lauren Cornell, Executive Director, Rhizome.org
* David Danto, VP, Lehman Brothers
* Parvati Dev, Director, Stanford University Medical Media & Information Technologies (SUMMIT)
* Richard De Brino, VP of Programs, Seattle Society for Information Management
* R. Shawn Edmondson, President, thereNow, Inc.
* Marshall Eubanks, CTO, Informata Communications
* Laurin Herr, President, Pacific Interface, Inc
* Matthew Lombard, President, International Society for Presence Research (ISPR)
* Larry Smarr, Founding Director, California Institute for Telecommunications and Technology Institute (CALIT2)
* Yulan Wang, CEO, InTouch Health
Speaker and exhibitor opportunities are still available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
About Hemisphere Expo Services, Inc.
Established in 1990, The Hemisphere Group has produced events throughout Asia, India, and the Americas. Their events portfolio includes conferences, seminars, and tradeshows on topics ranging from aerospace to finance. Known today as Hemisphere Expo Services, Inc., they provide expertise in the production and management of events relating to high-technology advancements. (http://www.HemisphereInc.com).