London, United Kingdom, August 07, 2011 --(PR.com
)-- DS Data Systems UK Ltd. is pleased to announce the release of KonaKart v184.108.40.206, a java-based eCommerce shopping cart application that provides an extensive set of features to enable retailers to successfully sell their products over the internet.
KonaKart is a Java / JSP / XML based solution with comprehensive easy to use java, SOAP, RMI and JSON APIs that allow you to quickly integrate eCommerce functionality into your existing systems. The customizable parts of KonaKart are Open Source and available under the GNU LGPL.
The new version includes many new features as well as some bug fixes. The new features include:
- JSON data-interchange format for the application APIs.
- Intelligent suggested search functionality that proposes products as the customer types the search string.
- An unlimited number of custom attributes for a product based on a template that can be assigned to other products of the same type.
- Integration with Apache ActiveMQ to further improve connectivity with external systems.
- Support for Bookable Products to cater for products such as courses.
- Customer Events to efficiently log any event such as cart abandonment or products being removed from the cart.
- Addition of the Barclaycard SmartPay payment gateway
Full details of the new features can be found on the KonaKart website under the downloads section.
The Community Edition of KonaKart is free and can be downloaded directly from the KonaKart web site. An Enterprise Extensions package is also available by contacting email@example.com . Professional support and consultancy are available for all versions of KonaKart.
KonaKart may be used directly by online retailers, but is also intended for solution providers, ISPs and for OEM usage. A partner program is available for companies that can offer integration and professional services around the product.
Visit the KonaKart web site for customer references, live demos, videos, free downloads and full pricing details for the product and support packages.
Customers using KonaKart successfully include Audi, Tesco Mobile, Sony, Telefonica, Leroy Merlin, Sotheby's, Globus, Santillana, The Vatican, GM and many others throughout the world.