Liverpool, United Kingdom, August 09, 2011 --(PR.com
)-- As seen on Dragons’ Den Series 9 - GLOVEN.
Every year in the UK there are an estimated 360,000 injuries caused by burns and scalds, of which 112,000 require A & E visits.
The most common causes are cups/mugs of hot drinks and kettles, followed by fires/heaters, wood burning stoves, and other kitchen related injuries such as cooker, saucepans, chip pans, baking tins, microwaves and hot dishes/plates. In addition, there are the "outdoor kitchen" injuries – those from the BBQs.
There are at least a further 250,000 people who visit GP surgeries for burns and scald injuries and an even larger figure that do have a burn or scald but treat themselves at home.
On the back of these startling statistics, Gloven® oven gloves has recognised that there is a need for a more thinner safety glove in the home which not only provides complete safety but is far more versatile and easy to use when handling any hot items, either in or out of the kitchen. This new, multi purpose product is both safe and practical.
· It has fingers – to enable greater dexterity when handling items.
· It comes in different sizes which means a closer, safer fit
· It has the most advanced textile in the world to protect from the heat – Nomex® and Kevlar ™ - both of which are non-conductive materials which means that hot (or cold) objects can be held on to longer.
· Gloven® can be used for a variety of purposes – in the kitchen (both for extreme heat and extreme cold), for BBQs and other activities such as handling wood burning stoves.
Notes for Editors
· For media enquiries, contact T Carter firstname.lastname@example.org
· Product samples are available on request
· For more information on Gloven®, please gloven.co.uk
· Gloven conforms to BS6526 British Standard testing for oven gloves
· Gloven is washable BS ISO 105-C06:1997 A2S up to 40º
· High Res images are available.
Sources: http://www.burnsurvivor.com/burn_statistics.html USA only