Traverse City, MI, August 13, 2011 --(PR.com
)-- Cherry-Roubaix, presented by Garan, Lucow, Miller, P.C. distinguishes Old Town Traverse City as the place to be for all cycling enthusiasts on Saturday, August 13, day two of the three-day Cherry-Roubaix family destination event. Huntington Bank adds pre and post-race excitement to Cherry-Roubaix Old Town events as sponsor of the interactive “Huntington Village,” a new 2011 race-side venue in the charming neighborhood hosting the Old Town Crit, Kids Fun Ride and Cruiser Classic.
Adjacent to cycling events and located in Randy’s Old Town Service parking lot off of Eighth and Union Streets, Huntington Village engages all ages and interests with free activities, food and product displays. Huntington Village is near the starting line confirming it as the hot spot for all cycling enthusiasts before and after scheduled activity on the Crit course. There is no better place to experience the spectacle of Old Town Crit course excitement than front and center at Huntington Village between events. Features include cycling gear, family activities, prize drawings, noon presentation by Cherry-Roubaix and Garan, Lucow, Miller P.C. to Munson Women’s Cancer Fund and more. Racers and spectators will discover plenty to see and do, including:
· Huntington Bank: Information Booth, Specialized Bike Prize Drawing (donation proceeds to benefit Munson Women’s Cancer Fund), $50 McLain Cycle Gift Certificate Prize Drawing every hour
· Specialized "Test the Best": New Demo Bikes for men & women (Demo Bikes may not be raced)
· Brick Wheels: Accessories for Sale, Bicycle Quick Repair Services
· City Bike Shop: Accessories for Sale, Bicycle Quick Repair Services
· TC Scoot/Kick Bike of Traverse City: Product Demonstrations
· Kidz Art: Free Activities to spark creativity of children
· Lil' Bo Restaurant: Free Cookies for kids registered in events
· VB Bikes/Very Big Bikes (manufactured in Levering, Michigan): Product Demonstrations
· Benjamin Twiggs: Products for Sale including new Black Cherry Soda
· Red Bull: Free Product Samples
· Stone House Bread: Free Recovery Food for racers and Bakery Goods for Sale to spectators
· Bill Marsh Auto: 2012 Auto Display
· “Us TOO” Prostate Awareness Education and Support Network: Free Information
· Red Cross Information and Water Stop
· Cherry-Roubaix Kids Event Registration & Information
Huntington Village is open 12:00 noon - 6:00 pm Saturday, August 13. Cherry-Roubaix Old Town events take place 11:00 am - 7:00 pm.
Enter from 8th Street east of Union Street. Parking for this and other events is suggested at the 8th Street Parking lot between Union and Cass. Entrance to Huntington Village is free. Some samples will be given away and other products sold.
Cherry-Roubaix series is a three-day weekend event. The Michigan State Road Race Championship is on Sunday, August 14. The championship course begins and ends downtown Cedar in Leelanau County.
The weekend begins with evening Sprints on Friday, August 12 at Traverse City’s Friday Night Live, and the excitement continues on Saturday, August 13 with the Cherry-Roubaix Charity Ride to Benefit Munson Women’s Cancer Fund followed by the high-energy Cherry-Roubaix Old Town Criteriumt, Kids Fun Ride and Cruiser Classic for all to enjoy.
Three days of Cherry-Roubaix events across the resort landscape of the Traverse City area satisfy cycling fans of all ages, from families looking for a fun, northern Michigan getaway to die-hard professional and amateur racers seeking incredible races in a supportive cycling community.
Find maps, video segments, photos, registration info, a downloadable media kit and Cherry-Roubaix details at http://www.cherry-roubaix.com or call John Sohacki, Event Director at 231-342-2003, email: email@example.com.