Springville, UT, August 19, 2011 --(PR.com
)-- Clever Coding LLC has released an Android version of their popular iPhone 3D Globe SDK. The Android version has all the great features that have been developed for the iPhone version. The first version of the iPhone 3D Globe was developed in 2009 and has been through many revisions and upgrades since then. The android builds upon that long history of features to deliver the best 3D globe available.
The SDK is written in java using calls to opengl es. When a license is purchased to use the globe the customer receives all the source code and related textures. For those that are interested there is an example app that shows off what the app can do. Upon request Clever Coding will send a download link to the apk file for the demo app. Also on Clever Coding's website is an embeded YouTube video showing the globe in action.
Features of the globe include:
- Interactive globe that can be moved around with the finger to rotate the globe. Pinching allows for zooming in and out of the globe.
- Touches are translated to GPS coordinates allowing for the globe to be used as a navigation tool.
- Ability to add custom markers to the globe. For example you could put country flags on all the nation's capitals.
- Ability to add custom textures to the globe enabling endless options of how to texture the globe.
- Function to perform a smooth rotation programmatically between two gps coordinates.
About Clever Coding LLC:
Clever Coding is a Utah based company that was founded in 2008. It provides custom development services for the iOS and Android platforms. They have developed over 100 mobile apps many of which have been featured apps and many that have been top 100 apps. Please visit their website to learn more about hiring them for your next mobile app project.