Vienna, Austria, August 19, 2011 --(PR.com
)-- MediPurpose, a master distributor and manufacturer of medical products, today announced that medical product distributor Medikus has secured nearly a dozen sales in Austria for the babyLance infant heel incision device.
Medikus, a semi-exclusive distributor for babyLance in Austria, has partnered with MediPurpose since December 2010.
"We selected Medikus because they demonstrated an aggressive capability to promote this exciting new heel stick device in the Austrian medical product marketplace," said MediPurpose President and CEO Randy Prather. "Their success at more than 10 hospitals in nine months proves their capability."
Although a relatively small market, Austria has a high level of per-capita spending on medical devices. According to Espicom Business Intelligence, the Austrian market for medical equipment and supplies is valued at US $2.1 billion, equal to US $251 per capita, and is forecast to reach US $2.3 billion by 2015.
A complement to the company's vastly popular line of SurgiLance safety lancets, babyLance is a safe, easy and effective solution for newborn heel incisions.
babyLance is available to the Austrian healthcare market in two models:
• The babyLance Preemie (BLP), which delivers an incision depth of 0.85 mm.
• The babyLance Newborn (BLN), which delivers an incision depth of 1.00 mm.
First introduced to the North American medical product marketplace in 2010, babyLance continues a tradition of thoughtful medical device innovation at MediPurpose.
"As with our SurgiLance safety lancet, babyLance was designed with innovative features that provide safety, comfort and ease of use," said Prather.
In particular, the babyLance heel incision device features:
• Ease of activation: Reduces trigger activation force, thereby significantly reducing the risk of bruising.
• Unique positioning design: Facilitates a stable and accurate placement against the targeted section of the infant's heel while ensuring the procedure can be performed consistently and quickly.
• Compliance with regulatory and quality standards: Manufactured to the same regulatory and quality standards as the SurgiLance safety lancet, the babyLance cutting blade's swift pendulum action makes an incision that complies with the CLSI LA4-A5 established guidelines.
• Cost effectiveness: The babyLance heel incision device incorporates unique design characteristics that allow for the most cost-effective manufacturing process.
More information about babyLance-including demonstration videos and no-cost product sample requests-is available at http://www.medipurpose.com/babylance/.
Founded in 1999, MediPurpose is a leading medical device company headquartered in Singapore, with offices in the United States and Europe.
Known for its popular babyLance heel incision device, SurgiLance safety lancet and MediPlus advanced wound care products, MediPurpose has leveraged its success in the medical device industry to become a master medical product distributor that provides unique solutions for both medical product manufacturers and medical product distributors.
MediPurpose's Medical Device Innovation division offers angel funding and developmental expertise for new medical device inventors and innovative medical product companies that seek entrance into new medical device markets.
For more information about MediPurpose's medical products and solutions for inventors, innovators, manufacturers and distributors, please visit http://www.medipurpose.com .