Dubai, United Arab Emirates, August 24, 2011 --(PR.com
)-- The observance of the holy month in 2011 is even more intertwined with the latest in mobile technology. This year has seen several new innovative applications for a variety of uses linked to Ramadan. Given the widespread adoption of smartphones in the Arab world and among the faithful worldwide, they have proved to be even more popular.
During the holy month in 2010, there was a Time magazine story on the explosion in Ramadan apps with several applications referenced. Consider this – other than the first apps for reciting prayers off phones, Quran verses, and reminders to pray, there are apps for:
· Qibla –the Direction of Mecca
· Prayer Timings by Country or Region Including Sehri and Iftar timings
· Finding the Nearest Mosque
· Zakat Calculations for Charity
· Hadith for Islamic Law
· Ramadan Related Television Content
"The demand for new and innovative applications for Ramadan is unprecedented, and will continue to grow. Given restrictions during observance across the Islamic world, Ramadan related apps allow for several conveniences," says Umeed Kothavala, CEO, Extentia Information Technology. "There are applications for other faiths as well related to scripture, recreation, and festivals - most popular with religious diasporas worldwide." Popular Ramadan apps for iPad, iPhone, Android, and BlackBerry are:
· iPray - This includes prayer time notifications, and Qibla directions. It also has an Islamic calendar for religious events all year.
· Islamic Prayer Timing – Visually appealing app where users look up worldwide prayer timings for the holy month. They can set reminders and alerts, as well as listen to prayers within the app.
· Zakah (Zakat) Calculator – This app helps calculate Zakat, for users to donate a fixed portion of the Ramadan observer's wealth to charity. It also includes conversion rates of all major currencies.
Extentia Information Technology and iXtentia
Established in 1998, Extentia is a global software development and consulting organization delivering IT solutions to clients throughout Europe, North America, the Middle-East, and the Asia Pacific region. With strong technical skills in Microsoft and open source technologies, Extentia has experience across multiple sectors including education, travel, healthcare and finance. The company also offers professional SEO, social media optimization, PPC, and QR coding services. Extentia has offices in India, The United States, The UAE, and The UK.
iXtentia is a division of Extentia Information Technology that focuses on Apple, Android, Windows Mobile, BlackBerry, and other mobile technologies. The team has significant expertise in the development, design and support of mobile applications. iXtentia also offers marketing and promotional services for mobile applications, with applications for the iPhone /iPad listed among the top 200 on the Apple App Store.