Craiova, Romania, April 06, 2007 --(PR.com
)-- Caphyon LLC is pleased to announce the release of Advanced Installer Professional 4.9, a Windows Installer authoring tool which enables developers and system administrators to easily build reliable MSI packages. Advanced Installer runs on Windows 2000/XP, and the install packages it creates run on all Microsoft Windows 9x/ME/NT/2k/XP operating systems.
Windows Installer is a powerful, but very complex technology. Mastering it on your own takes months of hard work. That's where Advanced Installer comes to help. It creates a high level abstraction on top of the underlying technology. With a clean, simple user interface, each operation is logical and intuitive. Everything is done in the user interface, without complicated scripts to learn or arcane database tables to edit.
Advanced Installer is built on standard, open formats. The project files are saved as XML files for easy integration with source control systems. Advanced Installer is free for the simplest, most common usages. It also offers three additional licensing levels for more sophysticated needs: Professional, For Java and Enterprise.
What's new in Advanced Installer 4.9
The 4.9 version introduces the ability to share folders on install, support for authoring removable patches and the option to improve .Net applications performance and startup time by precompiling them to native images on install.
The prerequisites support has been further enhanced with prerequisite launch conditions and dependencies, an improved .Net 3.0 framework detection algorithm and many new predefined installer launch conditions.
Seven new language translations were completed, giving you the possibility to create installers fully localized in Finnish, Greek, Korean, Slovak, Slovenian, Swedish and Turkish, for a total of 25 available localizations.
- Folder sharing
- Removable patches
- Automatically registering .Net assemblies for COM interoperability
- Precompiling .Net assemblies
- Dependencies between prerequisites
- Prerequisite launch conditions: OS version and language
- Option to reboot after installing a prerequisite
- Predefined launch condition testing Administrator privileges for installer
- Added Windows x64 series to the Supported OS launch conditions
- Implemented all predefined launch conditions in bootstrapper as well as in MSI
- Importing Regedit 4 .REG files
- Pre-testing SQL Server connection
- Completed translations for seven additional languages
- Extended ability to Detect and Upgrade any product, version or language
Advanced Installer Professional costs USD $249.
Advanced Installer Enterprise costs USD $499.
The application can be downloaded from:
More details about the application can be found at: