Santa Ana, CA, September 11, 2011 --(PR.com
)-- The Gay & Lesbian Community Services Center of Orange County (The Center OC) today announced the departure of Executive Director Ginger Hahn. Hahn is leaving to pursue her goal of relocating with her family to Oregon.
With a master’s degree in public health, Hahn’s areas of expertise include program planning, design, and evaluation; reduction of health disparities in under-served communities; and community-based, popular education methods.
During Hahn’s four-year tenure, The Center OC achieved some notable milestones:
· The Center OC doubled its budget in the midst of a recession, in a time when many nonprofits have closed their doors.
· The Center OC has closed the fiscal year in the black for the past four years.
· With the purchase and renovation of a building, The Center OC now has a permanent location in the heart of the county.
· Many non-LGBT-specific funders now support The Center OC, including a large tw0-year grant from the California Endowment.
· The Center OC added a Youth Program Director and a Development Director, thus strengthening its infrastructure to serve more youth and adults in need of support.
“Ginger came on board at a time when The Center OC was in a tough place and its future was in doubt,” said Board Chair Lucas Fiamengo. “Thanks in large part to her efforts, we are no longer fighting to survive and are thriving. The Center and the community owe Ginger a debt of gratitude for her fine work and should wish her well as she embarks upon this exciting new chapter in her life.”
Ann Mason, who has worked at The Center for more than 16 years and has been Director of Mental Health Services for the past two years, has assumed the role of Interim Executive Director. Mason will oversee the day-to-day operations of The Center OC as the Board conducts a search for the next Executive Director.
“This is an exciting time for The Center OC,” Mason said. “Ginger worked hard to build a solid foundation for The Center that will sustain its future and ensure growth for years to come.”
The Center OC is one of the country’s oldest organizations dedicated to serving the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community. Our mission is to advocate on behalf of the Orange County LGBT community and to ensure its well being.
As the only organization focused solely on the needs of the LGBT community in Orange County, The Center OC serves as the safety net for health and social services for the local LGBT community. Our programs include mental health counseling; community support groups; a cyber center; LGBT cultural-competency training to schools, medical providers and social agencies; the Rainbow Youth Program; and HIV prevention, education and counseling.