Brisbane, Australia, September 14, 2011 --(PR.com
)-- Specialist e-commerce consultancy, Hitworks is urging retailers that now is the perfect time to make informed decisions on how to reshape their consumer shopping experience.
Global retail figures highlight the need for businesses to start operating in multiple channels and creating cross-channel retailing opportunities as competition intensifies locally and from major international players.
Hitworks co-founder Paul Downs will be discussing the Retail Revolution alongside IBM as a guest speaker at the forthcoming Online Retailer Conference & E-Commerce Expo in Sydney 26th – 29th September.
Presenting on the topic, "Retail Revolution - Shaping the Future of Cross Channel Retail" on Wednesday 28th September at 11.30am, Downs and Andy Nicholas from IBM’s global e-commerce team will provide a vision of seamless cross channel implementation, look at world’s best practise and discuss the Australian landscape.
Originally from the UK, Paul has held leadership roles in several major UK retailers. His first role in Australia saw Paul, as Chief Information Officer, lead City Beach surf chain to create an on-line channel in 100 days, and then develop the channel into a multi-million dollar and award-winning business.
The Online Retailer Expo will attract over 3,300 retail, marketing and e-commerce professionals and over 120 exhibitors to Sydney across 4 days of workshops, networking and guest speakers.
Retail e-commerce specialists Hitworks will be exhibiting, and are extending an invitation to all retailers, looking to create an effective multi-channel business with a profitable online channel, to meet them at the expo to hear first hand how Hitworks can work with them to create a new retail experience for their customers.
“Retailers, large and small, are being challenged in this new environment. Hitworks, working with business as a consultancy rather than an agency, has an arsenal of knowledge in regards to quick integration of new technologies and evaluation of a plethora of options and functionality,” said Downs.
Australian consumers will spend $36 billion annually shopping online by 2013, now is the time to embrace the retail revolution.
Expert Commentary available – topics include:-
· Cross-Channel Retailing – A Cross-Channel Retail Survival Guide
· What are the first steps to getting your business online?
· The Retail Revolution – Australia vs the World
· Christmas is coming! Now is the time to create or update your online business for Holiday retail spending
· How to convert “just browsing” customers into “buying customers”?
· Simple ways to attract more online traffic.
· Youth marketing and tapping into the connected generation
· 10 things you wanted to know about Conversion Optimisation but were afraid to ask…
· What’s the big deal about customer service?
· Small, Medium and Large retailer strategies and tactics to driving online sales
· What is a multi-channel business?
· What technology do I need to build a profitable online business?
· What’s next? Technology to be prepared for in the digital economy.
Originally from the UK, Paul has held leadership roles in several major UK retailers.
A multi-facetted IT and e-commerce leader with a breadth of experience in solution delivery and operations across blue chip organisations. His first role in Australia saw Paul, as Chief Information Officer, lead City Beach to create an online channel in 100 days, and then develop the channel into a multi-million dollar business. City Beach won a 2010 Online Retail Award for "Best Use of Technology."
Paul has recently established Hitworks with former City Beach CMO Chris Somerville to assist retailers in maximising their online potential.