Long Beach, CA, September 24, 2011 --(PR.com
)-- Blessings All Around will be joining the blessing ceremony on Sat., Oct. 1, 2011 at sunset in the Belmont Shore area of Long Beach, for The Interfaith Blessing of the Animals presented by Haute Dogs and Justin Rudd. This is a free to the public and their pets event. This year also marks the 10th annual celebration.
Seniors, families, singles, and children, are encouraged to bring their dogs, cats, birds, lizards, rabbits, pot-bellied pigs, fish, tortoises and turtles and other well-behaved pets.
There will be a moment of blessing, silence and vigil at the beginning of the service for pets who are unfortunately involved with sport dog fighting and other inhumane, unethical treatment.
After brief words from each of the faith leaders (listed below), the menagerie of participants will have the opportunity to line up single-file to be blessed by the faith leaders who will be dressed in traditional garb. Olive branches and holy water will be available. Choose one, or get blessed by all of the clergy (listed below).
The blessing will last approx. 45 minutes. It's important to recognize and honor the great bond and relationship between pets and their people. The religious leaders will talk or pray briefly on the interconnections among all living beings.
2011 Faith Leaders, so far
- Rev. Msgr. Sean Flanagan - St. Bartholomew Catholic Church, Belmont Shore
- Rev. Suzanne Shipp - Ordained with the Universal Life Church, Long Beach
- Rev. Susan Bjork - Associate Minister at Bay Shore Church, Belmont Shore
- Lady Deberah - Naiad Priestesses, Goddess Temple of Orange County
- Rev. Msgr. Chris Carpenter - pastor of the Reformed Catholic Church Community of the Resurrection
- Rev. Angela Butts-Chester - Non-denominational Minister, Blessings All Around Downtown Long Beach