Dallas, TX, April 19, 2007 --(PR.com
)-- After establishing a network of 2,500 members in more than 60 countries around the world, RFID Tribe has created a professional registry and community tool. The online community tool, named myRFID, connects RFID professionals to a network of experts within the RFID community. RFID professionals use the tool in unique and innovative ways to collaborate with colleagues.
“The myRFID tool represents a ‘virtual sandbox’ for RFID community, aiding in effective collaboration among RFID professionals,” said Mark Johnson, president at RFID Tribe. Community members propose ideas to their colleagues and ask for guidance using free-form questions. Members respond with personal insight and experience-based knowledge.
In its early stages, RFID Tribe grew by providing a platform for communication among RFID professionals. The myRFID tool marks the next step in the growth of the RFID community. The tool accelerates the ability to quickly find answers from experts, to find alliances and to form partnerships within the RFID community. Community members connect, communicate and collaborate using myRFID.
"The new RFID directory represents a big step forward in enabling individuals in the RFID community to communicate their RFID qualifications with specificity,” said Leslie Downey, principal at RFID Revolution, LLC. The myRFID tool includes a job board for RFID talent. Employers post their positions on the job board and RFID professionals post their career information.
Community members use member lists to find community members by name, by company or by geographic location. Keyword searches allow community members to find a specific person by any keyword in their profile. The member list capability enables members to expand their network using the tools to contact professionals with whom they have an interest.
The myRFID community tool features an interactive worldwide map of RFID organizations – end-user firms, RFID vendor companies, universities and industry associations. “RFID Tribe's new interactive worldwide map of RFID organizations is an asset to members seeking employment opportunities or deals in a specific geographic region,” Downey commented.
Features found in myRFID...
- User profiles (search RFID community member profiles, let others see your profile)
- Community member pictures (members load pictures of themselves)
- Person-to-person email (send any community member an email)
- Person-to-person connections (Connect with community members)
- Personal blog for each community member, blogs available to the general public
- Forums (dialogue with RFID experts and find answers)
- Professional registry for RFID-related education, training and certifications
- Calendars and events (find events and let others know about events)
- Interactive worldwide map of RFID organizations (find RFID organizations)
- RFID Talent and Career Center (job board for RFID talent)
- Weblinks (find useful websites and let others know of useful resources)
- News (read the latest industry news and submit news)
- Keyword search tool for RFID community members, for the forums and for the blogs
The myRFID community tool may be found at the RFID Tribe website at http://www.rfidtribe.org
About RFID Tribe:
RFID Tribe, a global organization with local chapters, is the world's association for radio frequency identification (RFID) professionals. The group of industry experts colllaborates on RFID and sensor technology, standards, venture capital, products, applications, industry trends, people and events. RFID Tribe serves as an engine for ideas, people and capital. www.rfidtribe.org
RFID Tribe - Where the World's RFID Community Shares Ideas