Portland, ME, October 23, 2011 --(PR.com
)-- Portland based Burgess Advertising & Marketing has won six major awards at the 20th annual Maine Public Relations Council’s Golden Arrow Awards ceremony, held recently at the Hilton Garden Inn in Freeport, Maine.
The Golden Arrow Awards honor Maine PR practitioners for exemplary work in the public relations and communications industry.
Gold and Silver awards are presented in a variety of public relations categories, ranging from materials design to comprehensive communications campaigns.
Burgess, now in its 25th year of providing fully integrated services won:
• A Gold Award in the Audio Visual category for The Maine Colorectal Cancer Control Program’s “Screen ME” colon cancer screening awareness campaign.
• A Gold Award in the Communications Campaign category for The Maine Colorectal Cancer Control Program’s “Turning Maine Blue” colon cancer awareness campaign.
• A Gold Award in the Annual Reports category for MMG Insurance
• A Silver Award in the Newsletters category for Efficiency Maine’s Qualified Partner Program
• A Silver Award in the Communications Campaign for Aroostook County Mental health Service’s “Operation Outreach” campaign
• A Silver Award in the Technology Category for a national nursing excellence website.
Burgess CEO and founder Meredith Strang Burgess said the Golden Arrow PR awards topped off a month of achievements for Burgess Advertising & Marketing which started off the month by being named the Best Place to Work in Maine in the small/medium category.
The “Best Places to Work in Maine” is a statewide survey and awards program designed to identify, recognize and honor the best places of employment in Maine, benefiting the state’s economy, its workforce and businesses.
Strang Burgess said although Best Places to Work and the Golden Arrows were two distinctly different awards, they were really intricately linked.
“We are fortunate to have a team of talented individuals at Burgess, and it is imperative to provide them with a safe and enjoyable work place - one in which they can produce the results-achieving creative work we do on behalf of our clients,” she said.
Burgess Advertising & Marketing, based in Portland, Maine, has been providing full advertising and marketing services since 1987.
For further information about Burgess Advertising & Marketing please visit the About section of our website at www.burgessadv.com.
For further press information, please contact Pekka Paavonpera at Burgess Advertising, on phone 207 775 5227 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.